III

I hand in my paper and feel a gust of air behind me, Harry rushing to hand his in. He smiles down at me and he takes my hand, my head looking down.

"Walk to the next class together, yeah?" Harry asks, my smile growing. It's enough affirmation for him and he leads me down the hall, his hand warming mine instantly.

"How was your practice?" I ask, his head leaning down beside mine.

"Pretty rough. I was exhausted," he says, my thumb mindlessly brushing his.

"So I wanted to know if you'd want to go to a party after the game on Friday?" he asks, the two of us avoiding other people on the sidewalk.

"I guess. I don't usually party," I explain, his smile bright.

"Guess we'll have to get you to live a little," he jokes, making me laugh. We walk into class and his friends immediately stare.

"Wait for me after class?" he asks, my head nodding. He squeezes my hand before letting it go and I pass his friends, all of them looking before turning to interrogate Harry.

"Melissa is going to kill you," one states, my eavesdropping proving to help me.

"I broke up with her. Come on, I've liked Lucy for almost a year now. Melissa and I lost feelings," Harry explains, my fingers writing on my paper in an attempt to disguise myself.

"You still don't understand that Melissa is deluded in the brain. You literally started dating her because she was eas-"

"Piss off. You know what? I'm not going to argue with her in the room. Melissa is out of the picture," he states, my cheeks flushed.

It sounds like Harry only wanted sex with this girl and now I'm worried. With my shy personality and incredible self-consciousness, I'm still a virgin. I can't do the things Harry wanted previously and now I'm questioning his wants.

"Lucy, are you okay?" the person sitting next to me says. I see Harry in the corner of my eye and I feel incredibly overwhelmed.

I breathily excuse myself and rush out of the room. Footsteps follow me and I push the girl's bathroom door open, my hand locking myself in a stall.

"Lucy," Harry calls, my hands rubbing my eyes. I hum and the door shuts, an indication he's entered the girl's room.

"It was what they said. You heard?" he calls, standing outside my stall. We're the only two here.

"Lucy, I know you're shy and nervous around me still, but I told you that past relationship was bad for me. I regret a lot of things but know she's not on my mind anymore and we aren't together. I'm focused on you," he says, my fingers unlocking the stall. He looks at me and his face falls at my splotchy cheeks due to the slight tears.

"I'm a virgin," I whisper out, his eyes staying focused on me. "Y-You seemed to have sex in the past...I can't. I'm scared."

His hands grab my cheeks and he pulls me closer, moving to wrap his arms around my body. He hugs me and I wrap my arms around his waist.

"They don't know everything. I had sex, yes, but it wasn't the basis of my relationship. And I would never demand you to have sex with me. You save yourself," he whispers, my eyes closing as I rest my head where his shoulder and chest meet.

"As much as I'm enjoying our embrace, I'm a male in the female bathroom," he says, making me laugh. He lets me go and observes my smiling face, making sure I'm feeling better I'm sure.

We go back into the classroom for class and Harry takes me to the apartment building, his hand holding mine.

"I'll pick you up in an hour," he says, my head nodding. He walks away and I get inside, taking a shower. I braid my hair and put a sweater and jeans on, then start working on make-up. I don't wear much and I get done just in time to hear a knock on the door. I slip my boots on and walk over, opening the door to see Harry smiling with a bouquet of roses.

"Hey beautiful," he smiles, handing me the roses. I take them and we hug, his cologne fresh and wonderful.

"I was hoping you'd wear your hair down. I've never seen it down," he comments, brushing a loose piece of hair behind my ear.

"It's wet. I-I don't like it down," I say, his foot kicking my door shut as he moves closer to me.

"And why's that?" he asks, grabbing my hands.

"I-It makes my face too long looking," I try to explain, my self-consciousness high.

But he takes me by surprise as his long fingers come to my hair, his fingers removing the tie. I only watch, not knowing how to gage such an interaction. His fingers run the braid out of its style, his eyes concentrated on me to understand my reaction.

Once the braid is out, he brushes my hair back and then cups my cheek. His green eyes are bright and he smiles, my lower lip taken between my teeth.

"You're gorgeous," he smiles, my cheeks blushing. I look down and he lets my cheek go, his hand grabbing my hand.

"Are you ready to go?" he asks, my head tilting back up. I smile at him.

"Yeah." And he takes the lead out my house and we walk out hand in hand.

-------

Hey Loves!

Please VOTE  COMMENT and SHARE!!

Much Love! <3 xoxo