20| first your blood will spill

i found a theme song for this book (keiko--synchronicity)

#273 in Werewolf and 12k reads I'm literally gonna die

"Do you have everything ready?"

I nod as I drag the maroon suitcase down the staircase to the entrance of the Pack House. This was my last hour in the Central Pack before I would be moved to the safe house in Dali. Fei stood at the edge of the staircase, ready to take my luggage from me when I reached her. "Yeah. That was the last of them." I reply.

Logan, who was part of my goodbye party, walks in from outside and whistles appreciatively. "Damn, that's a shit load of luggage."

"It's five months worth. Why? Are the cars not big enough to hold them?" Fei looks worried, the idea of anything going wrong not ever crossing her mind.

Logan, sensing the expression on her face, backtracks. "No, no, of course not. Everything's fine, Fei. No need to panic--I just need Marcus in that jeep in twenty minutes. The roads are at its emptiest around this time," he points to the clock overhead, " and I'd like to get a message of your arrival by 10:30. "

Fei wraps her scarred arms around my waist and squeezes tightly. "Good luck, Jaci Marcus," she smiles. "See you in five months. We'll try and contact you once, although Alpha forbids any technology. She'll let the guards commute letters between us, though." I smile at the thought of sending Lana letters, like star crossed lovers or some shit. I was used to sending letters anyways, remembering my two year pen pal when I was fourteen from Albania.

"Thanks, Fei." I hug her back, realizing I was going to miss her like crazy. Logan claps me on the back after Fei releases me from her stronghold. "Try not to die out there, huh?" he jokes. I smile back and retort, "I won't. There's nothing to do there anyways--if anything I'll die of boredom." He laughs and we all walk towards the entrance where Flame and Lana stood, their tall figures dominant.

"You've made sure all the luggage is stored, I presume?" Fei nods at Lana's question. "Yes, all the suitcases are stored at the bottom of car B, the scapegoat car--"

"Scapegoat car? Do you guys have codes for everything?"

"It is a code. That car is going to leave first--in fact, it's already gone--so incase of any impending danger, like a gun or something, that car would be hit." Flame answers. My heartbeat quickens at the word gun and the ball of dread that had lodged in my stomach last night swelled.

"Anyways, car C has been bulletproofed per your request as is car A with four warrior wolves. The driver has been checked and screened--we're all set to go." Lana nods in approval and turns to me. "You need to go proof-read your file to make sure there aren't any mistakes."

"My file?"

"Your file--it contains your personal records, medical history, identification. It's to get past the border into Dali."

"Right. I didn't think of that."

She smiles. "Of course you didn't. Go on, Flame will take you."

The stony faced, caramel skinned Gamma led me towards a separate room to the left. It looked like a small study with two looming bookshelf at either corners of the room. The air was stale and crisp, leading me to believe it wasn't used very often. She stopped at a mauve drawer and opened the first cabinet. Her fingers scanned the white folders till they halted at one with a neon green bookmark.

"Come over here," she calls, opening the folder on the mahogany desk.

She hands the file over to me. It contained all the information about me--my birthplace in Ho Chi Minh Vietnam, my now stable asthma, my blood type. I scanned over the papers, trying to spot any mistakes or misspellings. "This looks about right," I begin. Then my eyes spot a small mistake. "Ah--look at this." I point to my birthday. "My birthdays on the 12th of June, not September."