24| zǔ zhòu

(This is what the Central Pack looks like above)

TW: these next two chapters contain heavy material dealing with both physical abuse, sexual abuse and torture. If you cannot handle said themes please wait till chapter 27 is updated.

"I often question whether I am cursed."

Lana's shaky hands grip the calloused rubber of the car tire. She swears she had never driven that fast in her life. She swerved and skidded so many times she wondered why every single policy car in China wasn't on her tail, threatening arrest with compact black revolvers. Lana's fists were clenched, knuckles a lighter shade than her usual jade skin. Her mouth was pressed into a thin line as her heart beating wildly in her chest.

"I often questioned whether I am cursed."

The words of a man she so wished she could forget rang true in her buzzing ears. The memory was fresh and prominent in her mind: she killed her first human that day. It was her worst birthday to date. She remembers herself, a lot healthier than she was now, still covered in lingering scars. Huddled in the filthy corner of an alley, with the remains of a human girl who looked to be around seven years old sprinkled on the edge of her quivering mouth.

"I often question whether I am cursed," he spoke, words and tone bitingly cold and lifeless.

"W-Why?" She stuttered, the brisk air of Macau city causing the hairs on her arms to raise.

"Because you are an utter disappointment," came his short reply, his eyes finally reflecting his disgust at her slumped figure. His words hurt and she bit her lip to stop the tears that threatened to gather. She was a disappointment. Why was she always so weak? Why did he always remind her that she was nothing--a waste of space, a mutant, a weakling?

"Duì bù qǐ," Lana begged, trying to control the waver in her voice.

"Don't fucking apologize!" He barked, making her jump. "Do you know how foolish you've been? While I was slaving away in some shit casino trying to gain back the money that you lost," She flinched at the memory of her losing their only savings in a fight, "You were out here trying to get us arrested! A human girl Zhenzhen, really? You can't even control your hunger for one goddamn minute?"

She really was sorry. And it wasn't like she meant it either. She was trying to book them a hotel but she hadn't eaten proper food in two weeks and her speech was beginning to fail her. Plus, the maitre d was being too condescending and uppity with her that she just lost it. She chewed him out and stormed out of the place, fuming. Her sight began to grown unfocused and her legs were shaking. She stumbled her way to the park right next to the casino that he was in. She crawled into the bushes, her growls growing to loud to be disguised. Her breath was shallow and she could feel the few visible scars of her legs throbbing.

She was so hungry.

And almost like fate, a small human girl stumbled into the thick bushes. "Guppy," she called out, her voice tinny and shrill.

Weak. Weak. Easy. Easy Kill. The words began to blare in Lana's head.

Her beady eyes meet Lana's crazed ones.

"You're not Guppy," The child states.

"I'm not."

"Who are you then?" Her last words.

A slasher smile graces Lana's face. "The big bad wolf."

In a flash, she had the girl's skinny throat in between her famished fangs. She spared no morality as she ripped the girl to shreds. Her cheeks, her shoulder, her underdeveloped muscles, her thin bones all slid down the wolf's gaping throat.