insecurities

i kinda love this chapter cause i relate to it a lot - you know with not being any of the hadid sisters or deepika padukone

• HIS ANGEL IS AT #118 in fantasy! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST.

time: dark as my soul

I'd always loved nighttime. Seeing stars scattered across the violet sky, hearing the poetic silence of sleep brought me comfort. Visualizing random shapes stitched from stars in the sky was something I loved to draw.

The tiny globes of gas and fire could create a masterpiece.

And I got to see Eros. It scared me that I liked him this much; it scared the living shit out of me. He was able to break the barrier I'd built so carefully around myself.

He didn't regard me as just a pretty face, I was much, much more.

He was peeling away the clinging insecurities about myself with each burning touch.

I felt stronger, more confident. I was learning to love myself little by little. Even the flaws that I loathed.

I accepted that living with this pent-up depression wasn't going to solve anything and that it was okay to let people in. It was okay to be vulnerable even if it was an ephemeral moment.

That it wasn't a bad thing- and maybe getting hurt was okay. At least I would know that I could still feel and love instead of being cold and distant.

"Petaloudá." Eros's voice filled the room, the flap of his wings were faint.

"Hey," I said, feeling my cheeks heat.

And now I was blushing because of him.

"How was your day? Anything eventful?"

And I spoke, telling him of even the trivial things. But I didn't hold back. I let myself open up- even if it was about something as minuscule as my day at school.

And he listened, adding his sarcastic input and smirking words.

"You know, your best friend is a Type A fückboy like for fuck's sake he even wears the socks with sandals," I said through a yawn.

"I don't know what that means but I'm going to agree with you anyways cause that sounds like Cassiel," Eros replied with a husky chuckle.

God, his laugh was like chocolate.

"Cassiel?"

"It's his real name- Leo is just a mortal name," Eros explained immediately.

I was facing him, my head held by my hand. I could feel his gaze on my face, completely intent on my words. Heat radiated off him comfortingly, drawing me closer.

It felt normal to be so close to him. I wasn't staying away from his touch. It felt like...home.

I was pressed against him, my head against his chest, my legs entwined with his. His arm lazily draped over my waist, tracing random patterns into my skin, brushing scorching brands with each swipe.

I was almost sleepy from the soft brushes of his skin against mine; like I was completely drunk off his presence.

Words of absolute mundane things continued passing between us, but now a comfortable silence was making itself know as I was growing more and more tired.

Was this what liking someone felt like? Like I was on fire and I was enjoying every goddámned minute of it?

"You can sleep if you're tired, petaloudá. I'll stay here with you."

"Promise?" I mumbled into his chest, fitting against him snugly.

"Always." I heard him say before I fell headfirst into darkness.

•