files from H.Y.D.R.A. and beyond

MISHA COLLINS  as  AGENT NIKOLAUS DMITRIEV

KRYSTEN RITTER  as  AGENT FLORENTINA DMITRIEV

Nikolaus Mikhailovich Dmitriev was born on May 5th 1979 in Saint Petersburg, Russia to Mikhail and Genevieve Dmitriev.  Florentina Vladimirovna Novgorod-Dmitriev was born on February 7th 1981 in Yekaterinburg in the Sverdlovsk Oblast, Russia to Vladmir and Helga Novgorod. 

Nikolaus was the first of the pair to be recruited by H.Y.D.R.A, whose presence in Russia was very prominent in the 1990's. He was officially entered in the H.Y.D.R.A. archives on December 12th 1997, while Florentina was recruited only ten days later, on the 22nd of December. Their motives for joining the organization are unknown, but it is to be assumed that they were promised incentives for their families, both of which were ridden with poverty at the time or recruitment. 

In training, both agents showed to be very promising. They had every trait that H.Y.D.R.A.'s elites could have hoped for. They were the two ranking officers of their troops, and graduated at the top of their class at H.Y.D.R.A.'s military academy. Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker  took these factors into consideration when he first began genetic enhancement experiments. Instead of testing on two of the most successful agents H.Y.D.R.A. had  ever produced, he decided that it would be  even smarter  to pool together their dominant genes, and instead experiment on their offspring to receive the best variety of genes possible and increase rate of survival. 

Agent Novgorod eventually became pregnant with Nikolaus' child a month later, and nine months following, Gwynevere Nikolanovna Novgorod was born in Zelenograd, Federal Moscow in Russia. It is reported that Gwynevere's parents only ever addressed her as Gwyenevere while working with Von Strucker and other H.Y.D.R.A. agents. Otherwise, they addressed her as Anastazya, for reasons disclosed further into the analysis.

 On December 25th 1998, only four days after the birth of their child, Florentina and Nikolaus were wed at Ginza Wedding Chapel in Moscow. Whether or not the two were wed because of their duties to their child, or because of their actual affection for one another, is unknown. But it can be assumed that the two were accustomed to each other in that way, according to this short note found in Florentina's office shortly after the two moved to St. Petersburg to continue their mission under the cover of civilians;

" Moya lyubov' , my budem vmeste v blizhaysheye vremya. Terpeniye eto vse my mozhem imet' v nastoyashcheye vremya .- Nikolaus "

Which translates to:

" My love, we will be together soon. Patience is all we can have now.

- Nikolaus "

Agent Novgorod and Agent Dmitriev carried out their mission for 8 years. Twice every year they would bring Gwynevere in for testing and injections, and then observe her enhancements begin to accumulate. Records show that Gwynevere began to show positive signs of the tests when she was 3 years and 11 months old. The genetic materials used to grant Novgorod her enhancements, classified as "Elemental Powers", are unfortunately unknown and still being searched for in a long going investigation. 

 By the time she was almost 8 years old, H.Y.D.R.A. and Von Strucker had received all the information they needed to successfully carry out more enhancement procedures on other subjects, and planned to dispose of Gwynevere, since Florentina and Nikolaus did not want her recruited for H.Y.D.R.A.'s antics.

On December 21st 2006, Gwynevere's 8th birthday and also the scheduled day for her extermination, supposedly Agent Novgorod and Dmitriev escaped the country. The last traces of them were found at H.Y.D.R.A.'s compound's file room, where the three of their files were stolen. Before that, they had used Nikolaus's credit card to buy tickets to Paris from the Baronovsky Train Station. Despite this fact, several areas in Paris were scoped out thoroughly, yet they were not found within the city's perimeter. 

The whereabouts of Florentina and Nikolaus are currently unknown, but records of Gwynevere Novgorod eventually came up a few months later, where she was taken to an Ivanovo Orphanage sited in St. Petersburg. However, her files claimed her underneath the alias Anastazya Dmitriev. There is no saying whether or not her name was legally changed, but with further investigation S.H.I.E.L.D. has found no files for Gwynevere Novgorod since her initial disappearance.

It can be assumed that Novgorod and Dmitriev had been planning their escape and their daughter's life from the moment she was born, calling her by two different names so she could not be tracked by H.Y.D.R.A. officials, changing her files, leaving the country, etc. 

It's safe to say that the two rogue agent's efforts were not wasted. As of currently, their daughter Anastazya is a member of the elite team The Avengers and a level 10 S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. Natalia (Natasha) Romanova (Romanoff), Steve Rogers, Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, Pepper Potts, Phil Coulson, and Maria Hill hold shared custody over  Dmitriev, while as Thor Odinson was not granted custody due to his lack of files and intergalactic residency, he is still considered one of eight guardians by the rest of the seven. 

Despite the high status of their daughter, and their valiant attempts to stay separate from the organization, these agents were  blacklisted by S.H.I.E.LD. in 1997, and are ordered to be shot on sight, or brought into the custody.