Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I never thought I would be standing on this stage awaiting my fate, awaiting my death. When Carver called my name out for elimination I was so scared and I still am what if my foolishness in trying to save Ava has signed my own death. I fiddle with the dress and try to focus on breathing, trying to take nice deep calming breaths but nothing is working the reality of my death is just so real it’s like I could touch it.

“As you all know Ava took the cowards way out and shot herself yesterday so I have decided that I will not eliminate a girl today and we will move onto challenge 10....for this challenge the girls on the floor are going to be given a gun with a bullet you will shoot one of the following girls Sophia, Dakota or Ruby”

The gang hands the rest of the girls a gun each and my heart literally jumps out of my chest this is it I’m going to die today.

“You will shoot when I say your name .....Chloe!”

Chloe lifts her gun and shoots it into the air then throws the gun to the ground and Carver takes a step toward her but doesn’t do anything as she has done what he just said but she has just twisted his words, she’s beating him at his own game.

Olivia and Amelia follow her lead and shoot into the air and Carver curses under his breath.

“Lilly maybe you could actually shoot one of them!” Carver says frustrated

Lilly smirks lifts her gun and my heart stops beating as she aims at me, she pulls the trigger and I close my eyes waiting for my death.

Bang!

That’s weird shouldn’t I feel the pain of the bullet? Shouldn’t I be on the floor lying dead? Yes I should but I’m not I feel no pain. I open my eyes to see Carver standing looking shocked and stunned. I follow Chloe’s tearful eyes down to the body that’s shaking, the girl that saved my life.

“Ruby...why did you so that?” I kneel and hold her head in my lap stroking her hair and trying to soothe her “Why would you save me?”

“You’re stronger than I am....I wanted to die just like Ava but you’re different I can see it you want to live, you want to have your baby I envy you for that how can you love something that’s his?”

“Simple I love life and I love this little life growing inside of me”

“I envy you for that promise me something”

“Anything”

“Win....watch out for Lilly I think she has shown her true colours today .......they’ll gang up on you and try and harm you and the baby but you need to be strong and keep believing that somewhere someone is going to get you out of here....good luck Dakota stay alive” with one last cough she dies in my arms.

I cry out and look straight at Lilly, she was going to kill me and Ruby saved my life. Lilly sends me a death glare and Cruz pulls Ruby’s dead body out of the room.

“You’re safe now Ruby” I whisper

“Ladies go back to your rooms and rest for tomorrow’s challenge” all the girls scamper out of the room I’m at the door when someone pulls me back and I crash into Carver’s chest.

“Everyone out!” the gang scurries out of the room leaving me once again alone with Carver.

Carver wraps his arms around me and hugs me so tight I feel like I’m turning blue. “I thought I lost you little one...I really thought you were dead....I can’t lose you, you can’t die on me you hear me?”

I nod my head and he snuggles into me even more.

“I can’t imagine my life without you...from the very first moment I saw you in the alley I knew I had to have you....and now I do....but it’s funny because I’ll never really have you will I little one? No I won’t I might have your body and your fear....but that’s all I’ll ever have I will never have your laugh, never have your heart, never have kindness.....I won’t have anything but your empty shell....I can’t lose you you’re the most amazing thing that has ever entered my life and I don’t want you to leave so please keep your head in the game”

He pulls me back and looks at me and try to look away but he holds my face in his hands and then he smashes his lips onto mine. He lifts me into the air and once again I find myself forgetting that this man is a criminal, a murder, a gang leader, the one who holds my life in the palm of his hands and my rapist and he becomes the kind, warm, passionate and o my word Am I falling in love with my rapist? Could it really be that I’m falling in love with the man who kidnapped me?

 ------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's short but I'm only back from my holdiay's yesterday so I'm shattered 

so what did you think about Carver's little break down?

Thanks for reading 

Rachel