Chapter 2

I walked downstairs to see my parents talking with my brother and younger sister. My sister had a disappointed look on her four year old face, her eyes watering.

"Sophie, you can't go. It's not for you, Aunt Lacy wouldn't have a problem babysitting you. Besides, you would get bored quickly." My mother reasoned.

"What's not for her?" I questioned, stepping into the conversation.

My parents snapped their heads up, my father released a sigh. "The alpha meeting you are coming to."

"Oh, yeah, Sophia you would hate it. A room filled with alphas who have egos bigger than the US." I smirked.

My father frowned, "I do not have a big ego!"

"Of course you don't." My mother chuckled as she patted him on the shoulder.

My siblings and I chuckled as our father slumped in his chair with a pout on his face. My mother rolled her eyes at him, mumbling about him being a big baby.

"Oh and Jolene, you need to control your temper with this one." My father spoke softly.

I frowned, "Why?"

"Well...they have alphas from Europe coming and-

"Alaricas is one of them." I cut in.

My father sighed, "I'm afraid so."

I gritted my teeth, that asshole is going show up in my life once again. Six months. I've been free from him for six months and now I have to see his face again. It's not that I'm afraid of him, I'm afraid of the nightmares. They'll come back as soon as I see his face, I'm sure of it.

I forced a small smile and nodded, "I can handle it."

My mother frowned, "Are you sure? You can skip-

"No, mom, I'm fine. I have to suck it up and be a big girl eventually." I said, cutting her off.

She nodded, but I could see the concern and doubt lining her eyes. I ran my hand through my hair, my mind racing with thoughts.

What will I do when I see him again? It's not like I'll scream and cry, but freezing up and refusing to speak could happen. Matter of fact, it will happen.

Calm down, Jo, no panic attack. I scolded myself.

I sighed, "I'm going for a run."

"I'll come with you, my wolf is begging to be let out." My brother sounded.

As we shifted and ran through the forest I felt some of the panic leave me.

"You okay, sis?" My brother mind-linked me.

I whined a little, "Not really."

"I'll be by your side every step of the way. Kayla will be too, along with mom and dad."

"I know, but I don't want to see him again. Six months isn't long enough."

"I know, but you got this. You're the strongest alpha female I know."

I licked his cheek, telling him thank you. I then picked up speed and barked happily, challenging him to race me.

I skidded to a halt as we reached the river, my ears pricked up as I sniffed around. Once I found my favorite spot I laid down, waiting for my brother to fall into the water. He does it every time.

I almost laughed in wolf form as he attempted to stop but tumbled into the cold waters. After two seconds his head popped up and he paddled over to the banks. He pulled himself out of the water and shook out his fur, he then scowled at me.

"Could have reminded me." He grumbled.

"Why would I when it's hilarious to watch?"

He growled a little before laying beside me and sighing. He rested his head on his paws and closed his eyes.

While he slept I just watched the forest around us, sinking into my thoughts. Silently torturing myself as I thought about the multiple beatings I had received when I was there.