50

"i didn't know you drive," dan mumbled quietly as phil pulled out of his driveway. dan was sitting silently in the passenger's seat, his body pressed against the door of the car and he felt embarrassed. for some reason he was feeling nervous around phil yet strangely relaxed.

"i have had my share of failed driving tests," phil smiled at him. he glanced at dan for a moment just intaking his beauty as he fidgeted in the seat next to him. he was confused as to why dan was looking so uncomfortable. did he say something? did he do something? is dan questioning the fact whether he should have come with phil or not?

"dan are you okay?" he asked, reaching out and placing his hand on dan's knee. dan winced, causing phil to quickly retreat, and look away.

"yeah, i'm fine," dan said, unconvincingly. a long silence stretched between them, only the sound of hot air blasting from the heater was heard and phil felt like crawling under the covers. this was the reason he refused meeting dan. he knew that once dan had seen him in person he wouldn't like him, he just wanted to stay in the virtual world where he could just text dan cute things and not worry about it. they could talk nonsense on skype and phil wouldn't be paranoid because dan would be a hundred miles away.

"phil?" dan's voice was soft as it interrupted phil's thoughts. dan was starting to think if phil had stopped liking him now that he had seen how problematic dan was. dan knew he wasn't in his best state right now and he looked like crap. was that the reason phil was acting weird? did he not like the way dan looked? was he just doing all this out of pity?

"yeah?" phil's voice was hoarse. he was trying hard every second to swallow the lump in his throat but it was just getting bigger and bigger with time.

"why are you acting so," dan paused to take a breath. he could feel the tears coming again but he controlled them, not allowing them to fall against his mutilated face. "why are you acting so strange?" he finally asked and phil turned his head to look at him.

"what are you talking about?" phil scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. if anything, he thought dan was acting strange.

"i don't know, do you not like me now?" dan muttered looking out of the window in embarrassment.

"what? no! of course i like you dan, i love you," phil pulled to the side and turned in his seat to look at him. dan didn't look at him though, he was adamantly believing that phil was only doing this out of pity.

"dan?" he didn't turn around. "dan please look at me," phil's hand reached out to take dan's hand and dan finally moved his head to look at phil. dan looked down at their hands, phil's pale skin complimented his slightly tanned one. phil's hands were soft on his skin and he wanted nothing more than to just hold them forever.

"i'm sorry for being such a wimp," dan shook his head, looking away once again and phil smiled at him. dan was so beautiful. mustering up as much confidence as he could, phil leaned in, pressing a soft kiss to his cheek and shifting his hand to lace his fingers in dan's. dan could feel the heat radiating off of him as phil started the car once again and dan couldn't keep the slight smile off his face.