33. Mates.

Maybe I hope too much.

Maybe I dream too much.

Or maybe I love too much,

To just give up on you."

_________________________________________

The guest bedroom,

Crystalline Castle.

**
Alexis' POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What was happening to me?

Why did my stomach feel like it was getting stabbed over and over again?

What or rather who was causing this?
All these questions were jumping around in my head, giving me a headache as well. So many questions but yet not a single answer. All I could do was scream, as if that will make the pain dissappear. But it didn't, no matter how much I cried, the pain continued to grow.

Clutching my stomach with my arms, I looked up when I heard his voice. He telepathically appeared in front of me, rubbing a thumb over his stomach, his eyes confused, "Why does my-"

He stopped talking when he noticed the scene in front of him. When the pain got worse, I couldn't help but kneel on the ground.

I felt sick.

Even though I was sure Damien must have figured out what was happening to me, he didn't make any attempt to help me. His face was blank, not giving any hints about what he was thinking. He still continued to watch me as I found the last bits of strength left in me and whispered, "D-Damien, it hurts."

At that point, it felt like even the small amount of energy left in me was being sucked out.

That was when I heard Emma's voice as she appeared into the room. I heard her yell something at Damien but I couldn't make out the words. As I felt my head land on the carpet, I realized I was too far gone to even open my eyes and see who was touching my forehead gently.

Too far gone to make out who the feminine hand belonged to. The hand that made the pain completely dissappear.

But, unfortunately, that hand couldn't pull me out of the darkness that surrounded me.

Then everything went blank.

**

**

**

**

**

**

**

**

**

**

**

"You were out for a day."

Eric, who was standing by the bed, answered my unasked question.

I had just woken up from what felt like years of sleep, but according to Eric, it had just been a day. I was sleeping for an entire day but I still couldn't find the energy in me to get up or even move, so I let myself lay flat on the bed as I pulled the blanket up, closer to me. When I turned my head slightly to the right, trying to ignore its heavy weight, I noticed it was dark outside. That meant I had been passed out all day.

Memories of what happened the day before rushed back to me, making me wince a little. That horrifying stomach pain, me screaming as Damien just stood there silently watching me. Watching me as I cried my eyes out, begging him to help me.