Chapter 12- All Thats Left

I hopped out of the back of the truck and yanked out my swords. The rest of the group followed behind me.

"Why are you leadin'?" Daryl grumbled from behind me.

I rolled my eyes and turned to walk backwards. "I'm not going to get lost because four guys don't know their way around a city."

Glenn narrowed his eyes and picked up the pace to a light jog until, he was quickly walking beside me. "So whats the plan smart-ass?"

I flashed a grin. "Easy." I chuckled.

Glenn crossed his arms and waited for me to answer. I sighed and played with my sword handle. "We go up the back way from the construction site, go to the front of the department store and get Merle."

Glenn smirked. "That was my idea as well, looks like great minds think a like."

I nodded and started to silence my footsteps. The quieter we were, the better. We got near the construction site and we crept around the metal fence. I looked into the fence to see tons of walkers, stumbling around. A couple noticed us but others didn't really care. I picked up the pace and started to run. Everyone followed after me as we ran behind the buildings. There were only a few walkers and they didn't really bug us. I let Daryl just shoot the ones that did.

After a little while later we got to the back of the department store. Walkers stumbled around where we got into the truck.

I crept up the alley and made it to the front of the department store. I looked behind me too see everyone there, Daryl guarding the back.

I quickly darted inside and walked up the stairs. When we got to the top several walkers stood in our way, each of them turning around and launching themselves at us since we were fresh meat.

I took out my knife, but Daryl pushed past me quickly. He stabbed one in the head, while Rick disposed of the other and T-Dog quickly cut threw the chain.

Daryl darted inside desperately and searched around for any sign of Merle.

Unfortunately, the only thing that was left was a hand, and a pair of bloody handcuffs.