CHAPTER 9 - RECALLING THE PAST (JAMES)

CHAPTER 9

RECALLING THE PAST

JAMES EDWARDS

Wanting to die is a sin by itself." She said and that made me feel so guilty and greedy for wanting to die and yes, how could I expect my parents to smile when I lay there like a sick dog? I look at her and find her words reflecting the voice of her heart. She made me regret my mistake in a few minutes.

I don't know how to respond. I simply sit there looking at her beautiful brown eyes and she looks at me the same way. All at once, I could tell that she was hiding something. Her eye says it all. I want to know her hidden thoughts but I don't want to interrupt the silence between us. I started recollecting all that happened as if her eyes were hypnotizing me to think about the past.

I could feel the pain in my head when I remembered her. It always hurt when I recalled things. It felt as if my brain was in a washing machine – swirling and twisting. The first thing I remembered was when I first spoke o Mia in the Biology class. Her beautiful face had been partly covered by her hairs and she carried a pleasant atmosphere wherever she went. Her smile was the like a cute kid's. There was something about her. While every girl flirted with me, she was only one who didn't. Every time I looked at her I felt like she's hiding something from me. I wanted to know what it was but I simply couldn't ask her because that would be really creepy.

When I recalled all those moments when I flirted with her, I blushed. We were good friends back then but now I feel like it's something more. I had grown new kinds of feelings for her that day when I recalled. I still remember the moment when my Chevrolet was crashed by the posh Audi. The next thing that I knew was I lay on the ground groaning with pain while no one bothered to care. It was then I saw Mia. I felt relieved even when I was suffering. She pleaded for help and she somehow managed to get me into her car.

I tried to tell her not to cry but she didn't understand my mumble. She wept like a kid. I tried to console her but my pain didn't allow me. After that the only thing I remember was me on my bed surrounded by my parents. I didn't recognize them as my parents until a few days. It was then I started to remember things. It felt like I was newly born.

I spent days recalling things but I hardly remembered any of my family members except my parents and my sister. I recalled most of my school life memories in two weeks but I couldn't remember any teachers. It was only my friends, the cafeteria and the accident that I could recall. Mia kept haunting me in my dreams. Sometimes she used to come like an angel, sometimes like a kid but always she had advised me in my dreams.

Today when I first came to school after a long leave, everyone crowded around me and asked me if I was okay. I managed to answer most of the questions but finally I was annoyed. That's when Adam helped me out from them by dragging me towards the cafeteria but even then, people didn't leave me. It was more like they were surrounding a celebrity for an autograph. I waited for Mia but she didn't come. Finally I turned around when Adam called her name.

She stood right behind me in beautiful attire. I just gazed at her for a while. I kept looking at her face like a creep. I just wanted to say that I missed her and I like her very much but that would be an understatement in the situation. I finally managed to shove away all my thoughts and beamed at her. She seemed confused at the change in my behavior and I soon hugged her. People stared at us but I didn't care.

At that moment I told her what I felt and she advised. Those words are still reverberating in my ears. Suddenly I remember that I had been looking at herfor a long time and I immediately look everywhere but her. I flush and I hopeshe didn't notice. She's looking at me confused so I try to hide my weird expressions. Oh my God! What's wrong with me?