Chapter 57

*YO GUYS!! IT'S ANOTHER CHAPTER!! YEH.~ THIS WAS ACTUALLY SUPPOSED TO BE A VALENTINE UPDATE BUT UH...THAT'S LONG GONE NOW SOOOO JUST A REGULAR UPDATE?

Questions!!:
-What cheers you up when you're down? (My best friends, watching gamer videos, and relaxing to get my mind off of things.)
-What is the longest you have gone without sleep? (During the summer, I went two days without sleep and I tell ya, it wasn't pretty. I started hearing things right away and I was scared to even sleep, which was what I needed. XD)

SONG IN THE MULTIMEDIA IS Fault Line by Tennyson. ENJOY THE CHAPTER (I know you will ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) heheh~)!!!*

((Lol here's the real deal, I swear. I love you all.))

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 57

Jeff's POV

The woods were quiet and dark. I could only hear the crunching of our footsteps in the snow and see as far as Ellie's flashlight would allow me. I kept close by her, more for her safety yet a part of me was also nervous to be out here at this hour. There's no telling what's in these woods, whether it be the usual wild animals or Corrupted ones. Elizabeth's arm isn't ready to fight either and I only have a knife.

"Hey," Ellie's voice called to me and I realized that she was a few feet ahead of me. "Don't lag behind."

Quickly, I raced to catch up with her, my heart beating faster than it should. To my surprise, Ellie suddenly held onto my jacket sleeve and said, "Stay close to me, you moron." Even though she put on her stern tone of voice, I knew she was just as nervous as I was. I could tell by how she gripped onto my arm so tightly.

"Where exactly are we going for this date?," I asked, trying to ease the tension. Ellie thought for a moment, then her face went slack and she stopped in her tracks. "Umm," she started, "...I don't know. I didn't really think about it."

"So, you brought me out here for a random date without any actual plan?," I remarked.

"Yeah," she murmured.

I sighed and started to think. I can't take her back to the house; I want her to have this date. What can we even do at this hour in a place like this? "We can figure something out," I said as we continued on towards the nearby town. During this time Ellie still held onto my jacket sleeve and I never protested. It made me feel just as safe as it made her feel.

After ten minutes or so, we started to see lights though the trees. Ellie hurried me along and we made it out of the woods. Still a few ways ahead, there were buildings and shops and lampposts illuminating the snowy streets and sidewalks. It seemed empty but as we got closer we could see that there were a few people walking on the sidewalks. Usually people aren't out this late in a town like this, regardless of curfew or not.

Just before Ellie and I made it into the lights of street lamps, I covered my face with the bandana and sunglasses. For extra measure, I pulled up my hood and kept it that way. Ellie turned off her flashlight and put it in her jacket pocket. She eventually let go of my sleeve and I was slightly bummed out by that. "Let's see what there is, shall we," I said and started looking around as we walked. I noticed a lot of people were walking in the opposite direction from us, some getting into parked cars along the side of the street. Kids had stuffed animals and other different prizes. When Ellie and I passed by a couple entering a car, the faint smell of --what was it, funnel cake?-- was in the air. My curiosity grew.