2. Meet His Mommy & Daddy Dearest

Copyrighted © 2013 @LiLLyCoOLeSt1. All Rights Reserved.

H o w   T o   B l a c k m a i l   A   B a d   B o y   |   2 .  M e e t   H i s   M o m m y   &   Da d d y   D e a  r e s t  

  "Have I told you how much I hate you?" I asked quietly through clenched teeth.

"Yeah." He replied in a hushed tone.

Our parents were standing right in front of us. Both of our mothers, smiling as if they'd just won the lottery, while our dads, just standing there awkwardly. Why wasn't my dad at work anyway? I stole a quick glance at his parents. His mother had chocolate brown hair and icy blue eyes, while his dad had jet black hair, green eyes, and a Hitler mustache.

"Hello darling, you must be Lauren." Seth's mom grabbed my hand and began shaking it enthusiastically.

'I wish I wasn't,' I thought.

"I've heard so much about you and what a wonderful student you are! You're a cute one, aren't you?" She nudged my mom and gave her a wink. What the hell was that? "I've heard about your record of 4.0's ever since you started school! That's quite incredible for someone who also goes out for sports and extracurricular activities!"

'Not if you pay attention in class,' I desperately wanted to say.

"Not even Sheldon could do that!"

I stood there awkwardly, "Um.. who's Sheldon?"

"Oh I apologize, how silly of me! I forgot to introduce myself to you," she placed her hand lightly on her forehead. "As you probably know, I'm Mrs. Chandler- but please, call me Amy!" She took my hand aggressively into hers and shook it, refusing to let go. She used her other hand to make a gesture over to her husband. "And this is my husband, Mr. Chandler, but you should call him Sheldon."

Her husband looked slightly displeased, but kept his mouth knitted.

"Just tell me if I speak too fast, I tend to ramble on a little too much when I'm excited. I'm just so pleased to finally meet you in person!"

"That's very kind of you to say," my mother laughed.

Mrs. Chandler finally let go of my hand. She brushed the air, "I'm not trying to be kind, I'm being honest." She then turned back to me, "I've heard so much about you and how much everyone loves you! You're such a delight!"

I tried to tell my mother through eye contact that I didn't know what to say, however she just ignored me as she beamed proudly. When I made eye contact with my dad, he avoided it almost as if to say 'You're on your own', and stood there staring at the ceiling awkwardly. Seth's dad stood there with his arms across his chest, tapping his foot patiently.

"Thank you!" I filled in the awkward gap of silence.

Seth faked a cough, "Bull!"

"Have manners, Seth!" She hissed at her son.

I shot him a quick glare.

His mother stepped lightly on his foot, causing him to extend at arm to my mother, "Sup, I'm Seth."

My mom shook his hand immediately, "Now aren't you a cute boy with wonderful manners? Most boys in this generation don't even know how to greet adults properly!" My mother beamed at Seth, almost as if she was meeting a celebrity.

I faked a cough, "Manners my ass."

My mom glared daggers at me, and as she was about to open her mouth to scold me; Seth's icy blue eyes seemed to have noticed her reaction, because those globes glowed evilly at me, before a smirk came across his lips, "Thank you Mrs. Worthington." He interrupted her before he could say anything. "I agree with you, most boys in this," he struggled to say the next word, "gen-ner-ray-tun- I mean, tion", he continued fluidly, "don't know how to treat people, yet alone, such wonderful ladies," he said, laced with sarcasm. His devilish pupil stared me down through the corner of his eyes. My mother thought he wasn't being genuine, and was totally oblivious.