Chapter 14: Dreams & Nightmares

There is a chapter before this titled "Man to Man", read that one first. 

Chapter 14: Dreams & Nightmares

Kellen

I woke up in an unfamiliar setting in confusion. All I could see as I glanced around were snow white walls. Literally, everywhere I turned I saw nothing but white. Where the f*ck was I? The last thing I remembered was sitting in my office and drinking. Moneice walked in and was about to give me head and then...aww f*ck this bitch done killed me!!

Out of nowhere I got this excruciating pain in my gut. It literally felt like someone knocked the wind out of me. I doubled over holding my stomach in pain. What the f*ck was happening?

"Doesn't feel so good does it?" I knew that voice anywhere. I looked up to see none other than Giovanni Burgos in the flesh.

"Aw shit. I knew it. I'm dead ain't it?" I could feel myself growing sad as hell at the thought.

G gave me a stale face, "Boy shut up, no you ain't dead."

"Then how can I see you?"

"We'll get to that later. Now stand up and square up so you can catch this ass whooping like a man."

Before I even had time to register what was going on G had punched me again, this time in the face. Now I was pissed off. What were we even fighting for? And how the hell could I see him?

I stood up this time ready for his hits. He sent a right hook my way which I skillfully blocked. I tried to uppercut him in return, but my fist literally went through him.

"So you a man now?" He laughed. "You wanna hit me back now?"

First he tells me to fight him, now he mad I hit him. G went into overdrive literally trying to beat the life out of me. He hit me about a good 10 times before I finally yelled for him to stop. I sat on the floor bruised and trying to catch my breath. G sat beside me and draped an arm over my shoulder. I know this nigga wasn't tryna be friendly like he didn't just whoop my ass.

"Now you caught that ass whooping for two reasons." He started explaining. "One, because of what you've been doing lately. I consider you to be my son Kellen, you know that, so I'ma beat you like you're my son. Secondly, because I know good and well you were not about to cheat on Ivy like that.

What's happened to you son? You know better than to be acting like this. I know things have been hard for you, and that you're hurt and confused, but acting out is not the way to handle things. You can't get upset with Ivy for dancing with a guy, and then turn around and get head from some ho. Y'all are better than that. Get yourself together, because if I hadn't have stopped you, you would've never gotten Ivy back."

I nodded understanding everything he was saying. I was drunk out of my mind, and I was sure I would've regretted everything that was about to go down in that room. Suddenly, I found myself crying. And not like no little one or two tears, I was full out sobbing.

"Come back G," I cried. "You gotta come back."

He pulled me closer to his body and allowed me to cry on his shoulder.

"You know I can't do that."

"But I need you. Ivy needs you, and Mama Bee needs you, too." I sniffled, crying harder. "I miss you so much it's crazy. You were the only father I ever knew, and it seems like the moment God gave you to me he took you away. I can't do this shit man. I'm f*cked up and everyone knows it. I ain't ever known how to be a good man, cause I ain't never seen nobody do that shit until I met you. I tried so hard to emulate everything you did, but at the end of the day I'm still a f*cked up individual. I hold grudges, I lash out at the drop of a dime, and I suck at forgiveness.

I love Ivy, you know I do, but I just don't know what to do at this moment. It makes me sick seeing her with another nigga, but I know after how stupidly I acted she doesn't even deserve me. I hate to admit it, but that nigga Jinsu is a better nigga than me."

I let out everything I had been feeling lately. I felt like I needed guidance through this whole thing. I was acting how I thought I was supposed to act, doing what I'd always done.

"You're doing better than you think you are, son. The simple fact that you can admit your wrongs is progress, and even though I'm gone physically, I'll always be here in spirit. I'm always watching over you. How do you think I knew to step in when I did?" He smirked. "And when God takes something away, he also gives you something in return. Tahj came into your life shortly after my passing, and he is a great friend son. He is wise beyond his years and everything he tells you is nothing but the truth. Listen to him because he knows what he's talking about.

Don't cry for me because I'm alright. Continue to live your life and continue to make me proud. I've told you before I didn't meet you and offer you that bodyguard job by chance. I saw something in you, and I knew you were the type of man I wanted for my babygirl. All relationships have their rough patches and this is yours, it's how you get through them that determines the strength of your relationship. Jinsu may be a good man, but he's not you. Remember that."

I nodded and wiped my eyes. I sucked up the last of my tears and hugged G tighter.

"I love you son, always will."

"I love you too, G. I love you too."

"Kellen!"

"Kellen!"

**

"Kellen!!!!"

"W-w-hat? Huh?" I jumped up, startled and looking around the room. I was back in my office, and Monice was still in front of me down on her knees.

"What the f*ck is wrong with you nigga? I'm down here about to give your ass head and you just fall asleep!"

I looked down at her and glanced around the room in confusion. It was all a dream? I laughed out loud to myself thinking about the fact that I fell asleep while she was about to give me head, or maybe G made me fall asleep.

I pushed Monice away from me and stood up.

"Are you serious?" She scoffed. "First you fall asleep and then you just push me away and get up like we weren't in the middle of something?"

I spun around and shot daggers at her.

"First off," I held up one finger. "You are pathetic as hell. I'm your boss and you attempted to take advantage of me in my drunken state. What kind of classless insecure b*tch does that? What you wanted? A raise? A baby? Hell, a new weave? Secondly," I raised another finger. "I don't now nor will I ever want your ass. Thank God I fell asleep, because it allowed me to come to my senses, now turn your nappy headed ass around and don't let the door catch ya wig on the way out."

Attitude was written all over her face as she stomped towards my door. She grabbed the handle and was about to walk out before I called her back.

"Oh yeah, Monice?"

"Yes?" She responded with a hopeful glint in her eyes.

"You're fired." 

*

*

*

I know this update was short, but I couldn't leave y'all hanging like that. 

Now y'all know I wouldn't let Kellen betray Ivy like that. 

G and Kellen's reunion? 

Kellen firing Monice? 

The next chapter will be Ivy and Kellen finally sitting down to talk. Y'all ready? 

Also, it's my Spring Break and I'm going to Florida tomorrow so the next update might not be for awhile, sorry y'all. I promise to give y'all an update as soon as I get back though. 

love you all dearly, 

Nalani Rose