Chapter Four: The Party

--Chapter Four: The Party--

"Keep the friend who doesn't tell you what you want to hear, but tells you what you have to hear," -Unknown

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I shuffled into the party with my killer long black heels on. Why the hell did I used to wear these again? I passed by a mirror in the hallway as I made my way to the living room. I caught a glimpse of my reflection and smiled. Oh right they make me look hot as hell. The music was blasting and people were screaming and cheering. I entered the large room to see teenagers moshing together to the loud, upbeat music. People were everywhere, carrying their red solo cups while shaking their hips. I quickly spotted Andrew at his staggering height, in the corner dancing with some slutty blonde. I rolled my eyes and made my way over to him. I weaved in and out of sweaty and alcohol smelling teenagers. Once I made my way into the corner I tapped the girl on the shoulder and took a deep breath. The old me was back. I wasn't going to be the girl that Leo may have loved; I was going to be the girl that I loved. "You can leave now," I said, giving her a wave.

She quickly scattered away, way shyer than she had been towards my best friend a couple minutes ago. I looked over at Andrew who peered at me, "Bexley?" he asked, looking shocked. He quickly enveloped me in a hug. Alright, so he was totally hammered. I gave him a smile and started to move my hips to the music. I kept my distance away from Andrew because I didn't want other girl's to think he was taken. I wanted my best friend to get laid tonight just not by that slutty blonde. He could do way better than her. I didn't care about the fact she wore revealing clothes, hell to slut shaming. I just didn't like that bitch because she was rude as hell. Last week I heard her shit talking Andrew and now she wants to bed him?

"What are you doing here?" he yelled over the music, slurring slightly.

So I guess he's not too hammered, he remembers. I shrugged my shoulders, and continued to move to the loud upbeat music. "I felt like it," I said, in a monotone voice. It wasn't a lie. I did feel like it. I wanted to come here. I didn't want to go see Leo. I really didn't want to go see Leo. I didn't want to see Leo so much, that it felt like I physically couldn't.

He frowned, "didn't you have that cheesy crap with Leo?" he asked. I nodded my head, and suddenly changed my mind about helping my best friend get laid. I grabbed his hand and pulled him further into the dance floor with me.

"Bexley, why are you here?" he asked, a concerned look on his face.

I did a spin by holding up our conjoined hands up over my head. Andrew dropped my hand and put his on my waist, "Bex, answer me," he said, looking down at me with his piercing green eyes.

"I didn't feel like going," I mumbled, pulling my gaze anywhere but those enchanting eyes. Andrew's eyes were like the purest forest you would ever see. You could get lost in the depths of the tall trees and mossy ground.

"But Bexley, you love him—why did you do that? You are standing the guy up?" Andrew asked, grabbing my wrist with his rough hands.

I quickly pulled away and shook my head, "no, I don't love him," I snapped. I quickly bounced in between people who were rocking to the music. The loud pop song changed to an even louder song with a sicker beat and people started to cheer. I moved in between the dancing bodies, scanning for Paislee. She must have been somewhere in the crowd.

I made my way out of the crowd and into the kitchen area. Hopefully Paislee would be there. The kitchen was large. There were a couple of people in there but none of them were Paislee. A couple was passionately making out in the corner and two boys were leaning around the fridge.