Founder's Day

•Mystic Falls, 1864•

Today was the big day, the one event everyone wanted to join. The whole reason why I was able to leave that dreadful basement.

Ends up my date Katherine had picked out for me, was some young boy whom's family was apart of the event. According to her, I had to play nice and make this boy happy because he's family had so much money, but if I didn't, I would be back in the basement. All I know is that he is some boy who can't dance.

We were on the dance floor, dancing, when he stepped on my foot for what seemed to be the one hundredth time. I hissed in pain what's so ever. One would think that being a vampire, stepping ones foot would be painless, but it's not.

"I am sorry, Miss. Julia." The boy cried again. "My mother never sent me to classes."

By the stairs I saw Katherine talking to young Mr. Lockwood about something in secret and I knew I had to found out. I turned to the boy and gave him my best smile. "Would you please go get me a drink please? To help with the pain?"

The boy quickly nodded, "Yes, ma'am." He said before running off.

Once he was gone, I quickly went over to Katherine. "Katherine," I flashed a smile at her which I got a glare in return. Then I turn to Mr. Lockwood, "Mr. Lockwood, your father has throw a fabulous event tonight."

Mr. Lockwood chuckled, "Thank you, Julia. He hopes that it is to continue for centuries." He looked between Katherine and I and could feel the tension between us. "I will leave you two ladies in peace." He nodded towards us before leaving us.

Katherine cleared her throat, "Outside, now." She demanded as she grabbed my arm and pulled me outside. "Care to explain why you just rudely interrupted my conversation?"

"I wanted to know what was going on, is that to much to ask, Katherine? I mean, I have done everything you asked of me. Even stay with that idiot of a date, which who can not dance."

Katherine sighed but then chuckled, "The boy is that bad?" She asked.

"Yes! Bruises are sure to be along my feet by tomorrow, and I am a vampire!"

•Mystic Falls, Present Day•

I was helping Elena get ready for the parade that Caroline insisted it be 'Gone With the Wind' themed. She was able to find dress that looked like it was from 1800's, but was only made last week for this event.

Luckily for her, her dress had a corset along the back and it wasn't the ones that were just for designed. I actually had to tie it for her and it made me chuckle. She had to deal with the pain I dealt with for a century.

"Ow. This dress hurts." Elena complained.

I rolled my eyes, "Get over it, you only have to deal with it for one night. I had to deal with it for a century." I stepped away from her to get a full view of her dress. "As much as I'm going to hate saying this. You look like Katherine wearing that."

Elena looked at me worried, "Are you going to be okay? Do I need to change?"

I chuckled and shook my head, "No, but let's see what the brothers think of this."

~

I was in the large crowd watching the parade and I had a large smile plastered on my face. This was my first parade and I was actually enjoying something in my miserable life. Just like the rest of the crowd, I was clapping and do everything else. I felt human again.

But like always, my fun came to an end. John had texted me to met at his brothers building. I sighed and fought my way through the crowd and into the building. I knocked on the door before entering. Inside was John and Mayor Lockwood, and in front of John was the device he so desperately wanted.