Chapter 4: Miles Apart

"The scariest thing about distance is that you don't know whether they'll miss you or forget you."― Nicholas Sparks

Please VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW me, too ...

.......................

Xandrous' POV

"The blueprint we sent to the PP Holdings CEOs confirmed it. All the materials we need is ready. The team is waiting for your word to start," Ben said as he laid out the 3D blueprints on my desk and USBs. Then he stood across my desk. He was one of my Engineers, a couple years older than me. He was the son of one of our Engineers who retired.

He stood 6'1, chocolate brown skin due to more exposed under the sun, a bit lighter brown shaggy hair and a beard, and has honey brown eyes that always reminds me of Victoria.

It's been a month. A month when she left, and I felt like there's no reason for me to keep living.

Ben Tanner straightened up folding his hands on his chest, his gray buttoned down shirt with three buttons were undone, showing his hairy chest buffed up. He stared at me waiting for my response.

"If everything is ready, then start the construction," I responded briefly.

"Then we will fly then tomorrow to England. We will update you for every development," Ben said and I nodded.

Ben look at his companion and another friend of mine. They were both Engineer, Loris Zurlo. His father used to be theios Andreas Alanis right hand.

He was sitting on one of the cushioned armchairs across my rectangular desk in my office.

I stood up and rounded my chair, standing behind my black high-back swivel chair, resting my hand on the top as I shifted my gaze to the two periodically.

"I want everyone works on the clock during their working hours. If you caught or I caught any slacking workers during their working hours, I will not think twice to fire them. I have agencies who can provide one right away," I said in a stern voice.

It happened a couple times already.

"Yes, boss!" both agreed.

A silence fell after. I feel really exhausted. The sun has set and here I am still in my office where my second abode. Where I spent my whole fucking month avoiding everyone, including my family. I don't want to talk to anyone.

"Well, I gotta go. My wife is waiting for me tonight, it's our anniversary," Loris grinned. I stared at his glowing face. He's clean shaven opposite of Ben. A little shorter than Ben. And he had this lovestruck smile plastered on his face and I suddenly felt jealous.

I wish I had that smile, too.

"Happy anniversary then, Loris. Say hi to Annet and kisses to little Zurlo!" Ben grinned.

"I will. Go home Xandrous, you need to shave men. You look worse than Ben!" Loris chuckled and grab his leather coat that he hang on the arm of the armchair. His brown steel-toe boots look worn out and I just shook my head as a ghost of a smile formed on the corner of my lips.

"You need to replace that boots soon, Loris," I reminded him again. He loves that boots and I honestly don't think will last another month.

He stops as he grab the lever knob of the door and turned his head towards us. "I know," he chuckled, "but I love this. This is Annet's first gift to me," he reasoned out and it's getting rusty. We knew he's head over heels in love with his wife and he's damn lucky, but he seriously needs a new pair of steel-toe boots.

"Ask Annet another pair," Ben suggested with a playful grin on his lips, dropping his hands into his pockets.

"I'll buy another pair so you two stop pestering me about this boots," he shook his head and then he disappeared through the door, closing it behind him.