Chapter Forty Four

"Now what happened to our pajama idea?" Fred asked as he sat on the counter near the bathroom sink.

"I did not forget about that. Trust me." Eleanor said poking her head out from behind the shower curtain. "But the dress your mother found was really lovely and at that point, I was willing to wear a cardboard box to be done with everything. It was taking forever and Fleur was still trying to pull dresses for me to try on. I thought I was going to go mental."

"I don't see what the big fuss is over a dress." Fred told her kicking off his shoes and then removing his socks.

"Well, I guess it's all goes back to tradition. The man wears the suit, the woman wears the dress...although Ginny suggested you wear the dress and I wear the tux."

Fred laughed. "Of course she did. It would certainly spice things up at the wedding, but I think you would look much better in a dress than myself."

"What are you talking about?" Eleanor said. "You have the perfect dress figure." she teased.

Fred hopped off the counter and struck a pose. "Don't I know."

Eleanor giggled before returning back into the shower fully. "But I was talking to Nixie and Sirius and I don't want the wedding to be traditional either."

"As long as I get to wear pajamas that day, I'm down for anything." Fred told her.

She wiped the excess water from her face as she heard Fred climb into the shower.

"Merlin's beard woman! This water is boiling! Are you trying to burn your skin off?!"

"What?! Oh don't be such a baby, Fred, the water isn't even that hot!"

"In the matter of seconds, I now resemble a cooked lobster!"

"You can be so dramatic sometimes, Fred Weasley."

"You'll never be bored with me."

Fred was working on a side project when he heard Eleanor mutter something a little ways away from him in the flat one morning. The shop was closed for the day as they were to be going to the Diggory household later on that afternoon to celebrate Marnie and Cedric's marriage. He set his wand down and looked over at her to see her shaking her right hand back and forth.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

Eleanor looked over at him. "Hand cramp."

"With the amount of knitting you've been doing this past couple of days, you're going to end up losing all your fingers."

Eleanor grinned as she set down her stuff. "Well, I had to finish up some orders and work on Dad's project. Dress shopping took up an entire day, so I lost time there and today I won't be able to get much done with the wedding celebration."

"Speaking of which, is Marnie's family going to be there?" he asked.

He hadn't heard the full story but apparently it did not go well when Marnie told her parents of the marriage and pregnancy.

"I don't think so." Eleanor frowned slightly.

"I figured so."

"But that's a good thing, I guess. The Saxons while they were always nice to Cedric and I, they weren't really the nicest to Marnie growing up. Ever since she broke tradition and ended up in Hufflepuff."

"Were they that set on her getting into Ravenclaw?"

"Yes. They really were." Eleanor nodded. "They're sorta extremists if you ask me. But that's where Marnie gets it from when she gets all worked up. It's either one way or no way. "

"Yikes."

Eleanor smiled before walking over to him and sitting on his lap. "How do you think your parents would have reacted if any of you ended up in a different house?" she asked resting one of her arms around his shoulders.

"To be honest, I don't think they would have cared much."

"Even if one of you ended up in Slytherin?"

"I think they were just thankful that we all weren't kicked out during the seven years." Fred grinned.

"You mean you and George."

"Hey Ron had his moments where we thought for sure that he was getting expelled. George and I never flew the Ford into the Whomping Willow."

"The problem is you two probably would have...on purpose."

"Maybe." Fred winked at her.

As Eleanor watched Fred work, she ran her hands through his hair until there was a knock on the door. They knew it wasn't George because he wouldn't knock and he was currently at Judith's flat that morning as he had spent the night at her place.

"I wonder who that is...normally everyone just kinds pops in here unexpected that it's become expected." Eleanor said standing up and walking over to the door.

When she opened it, she found Verity and Lee on the other side.

"Hey." Eleanor greeted them with a smile. "We weren't expecting you guys for another hour."

"Yeah well, we were hanging around Diagon Alley hoping to get something to eat ...but it's crazy out there right now." Lee answered.

"What? Why?" Eleanor asked.

"We do not know." Verity answered with a shrug. "But it does not look good. Some people looked really worried."

Couldn't resist showing off little Teddy in his tux! Thank youXxAsTaRsObRiGhTxX for all your wonderful work!