Chapter 30

6 months later
"Mom, dad are you ready yet?" Of frickin course, these people were the most punctual when it came to going to their job, but now when I wanted them to be on time they had to be slower than snails.

We were currently on Christmas break and Brenda wanted us to come over to welcome home Clyde who was also on break. We were supposed to get there before he did, but I wasn't too sure that would happen with my parents being SNAILS!

He would be driving back and even though he went to school 5 hours from home, we were running out of time to make it to his house before the time he planned on making it.

I had recently started my senior year and it wasn't as exciting as I hoped. It was weird sitting at lunch and not being able to see Clyde staring straight at me. Rick had gotten a girlfriend and opted to sit with her at her table. She was new, Casey, and they sat with all of the theatrical people. Dani and I had no classes together and the work load was definitely harder. And to be honest, part of me missed all of the craziness and adventures I was put through from Clyde. A small part really, only about 100% of me.

"Mom!-"

"We are ready!" My mom and dad came down the stairs. Yeah you both better be ready.

We actually managed to get there on time. There weren't any streamers or anything. Brenda had just made all of Clyde's favorite foods, and wanted just a small get together. In fact, only us 4 would be here when he came.

I was feeling very nervous. I wanted to see him, but what would be different? We never decided to be together. We were only friends who happened to kiss once. He didn't have to care about me anymore. He wasn't really one to care for too long. Anything could be different. The nerves bubbled over as the door rattled. Clyde came in and his mom literally squealed. "CLYDE!" She sang and pulled him into a bear hug, catching him off guard. My mom and dad waved and then he looked at me. He looked older, he was taller, with a slightly bigger build, and the sides of his hair were more grown out.

He looked at me with a knowing smirk showing off his amazing dimples, and no matter how many times I'd imagined it, which wasn't much I promise, seeing his amazing green eyes in person could never compare to seeing the real thing in person. I hugged him excitedly, although our bulky coats made it slightly awkward.

"Hey Alex." He moved back, a genuine smile taking place as he gave me a once over.

"Welcome back!" I greeted and led him over to the kitchen.

I knew Clyde was always one to eat large, but his plate was probably more packed than all of ours put together. He took a hefty bite of lasagna and moaned. "I've been eating mostly chef boyarde cans and pancakes at school." He explained, after semi swallowing some food.

"So what classes are you taking?" My father asked, starting up a conversation. I didn't really ask questions, but I made sure to pay close attention to Clyde when he spoke. It was hard to believe how long it's been since I've heard him talk. Sure he called every once in a while, mostly text, but it was so surreal to finally see him again. He told us some funny adventures he'd had during college and I was so excited for him. I guess I had done some character growing myself in this new year of school.

We all finished eating and Brenda and my mom were telling my dad about something. They had still hung out a lot, and sometimes my father would hang out with them, but usually he'd go with the guys. So they liked to fill him in on some stories of their own adventures.

"Hey you want to go outside?" Clyde whispered over at me and I nodded my head eagerly. I wasn't one to stick around when the adults were talking.

We went to the porch without any word of leaving and sat on the small bench that was in front. It was pretty cold outside, but there was yet to be any snowfall when break had started. My mind had been flooded with one important question that I had been trying to not think about for a while, but I couldn't keep it in any longer. "Clyde?" I lifted my head to look at him, he had been looking at me the whole time. "What are we?"

I felt weird asking that. The answers could go in any number of ways and I didn't know how many ways I imagined were ways I could handle. "I'd like to say together." I could see his breath in the air as he spoke.

"I fear long distance relationships." My head turned to face the street. It was never easy for me to keep his stare. "It gives a lot of free space for cheating to take place." My hands were pale and reddened. I rubbed them together to keep them warm.

"Then we won't be together." His voice was very even. In the sake of being honest to myself in my head, I hadn't thought he would say that. I guess that's what I wanted, but girls are a confusing gender really. I also wanted him to say we'll make it. Or something cheesy like, together we'll conquer all. "Alex." He said my name, demanding that I look at him.

I sighed, as was a natural for me and I turned to face him. "Before meeting you, I never cared for any girl I'd been with. I don't care for any girls in college. This sounds kind of stupid, but I spend a lot of time thinking about you." He turned away a bit, and I couldn't tell if he was embarrassed because, his cheeks were already red in the coldness of outside. "Every break I get I plan on coming back, and hopefully see you. I want to say that if you move on, I'll understand, but I won't. If I find out you have a boyfriend, I'm going to do all in my power to get rid of him and to make you see he'll never be of a higher degree than me."

He smirked at me, and I couldn't help but laugh. This child will always be too much.

"Wherever you go to college, I'll visit you there too. I don't think you understand. You've helped me think less about myself all the time, and start caring for someone else. I care when you're not happy, and I smile thinking about you laughing. I'm jealous whenever I hear your with some guy and I kind of want to put them into hospitals. It's you, and since you've done that for me, I won't just let you go." I probably had the cheesiest smile on my face right then but I didn't care.

I moved in and wrapped my arms around him. He hugged me back, resting his chin on top of my head. I was looking out at some cars driving around on the street. The silence felt nice. I couldn't believe how much I loved this boy. He exceeded my expectations for this conversation, and I was glad he only thought about me. He never, in any second left my mind. So okay, I lied before about not thinking that much about him.

"I can understand why you're afraid of me cheating. I don't have a pretty record. But in my mind, we are together. And I'm going to prove to you that no other person even matters to me. One day, when we are both older I'm going to take you as my wife, and you can be sure of that." A lump formed in my throat, "I love you, Alex."

My heart probably stopped, as those words left his mouth, and I felt like I couldn't breathe. "I love you too." I managed to choke out. Tears instantly started streaming down my face, I never felt so overwhelmed with emotions. "I'm so stupid." I muttered into his coat.

"Why?"

"Even when I'm happy I cry like a baby." He pushed me back a bit so that we were looking into each others eyes.

He started laughing as he wiped my tears away. "Didn't you know that I love that raw emotion about you. I wish I had it."

"Well then you can take it. I hate being such a crybaby." I frowned as he started laughing.

He moved in and kissed me passionately. He moved back just as soon, catching me off guard. Our noses were almost touching and I could feel his breath warming up my face, "Well too bad, because you're always gonna be my crybaby."

The End.

Author's Note: Short chapter to end it all, but it is what it is.

I just wanted to thank you for reading this, and coming here to the end. It was fun to write although I know it wasn't, by far, an amazingly written story. Anyways please watch the video on the side, I'm not so sure if Bear in the Big Blue House is the most appropriate lol, but that is what it is as well.

I want to thank you all for the support and everything, and I'm already working on another story which will be completely different and even crazier, longer, more detailed, and hopefully a lot more awesome. I'm glad I was able to completely write this entire story, although at some points I did think about leaving it undone, but what purpose would that fulfill?

So again, gracias, enjoy your day, year, life, and I shall be back... Eventually :)