Bonus Content: Fragile

Because you reached the goal, here's a special bonus content to help the wait until the next chapter. Almost everyone voted for Will's POV, although I never asked you to choose xD So enjoy this.

Bel, xx

❅ ❅ ❅

Fragile

     Nora watches as Will holds Blanca when she is having a panic attack. It's no surprise, the news are too big and even if she wants to sympathise, she can't fully fathom what it feels to be in her shoes. But as she watches the scene unfolding in front of her, she is surprised and maybe a bit jealous. She's been always the one to look after Blanca, the one who held her when her father died, when the world came crumbling down and even at night when she has nightmares. It's weird seeing someone else doing what has always been her job. It's even weirder that it's Will the one.

Those two can't get along, yet Will is offering shelter when Blanca needs it the most. Somehow, they've found a point where they don't need to fight, where their differences don't matter because there's something greater to deal with.

What's more surprising is that Blanca allows Will to hold her like that. As someone who's always been next to Blanca, Nora knows she doesn't trust people. Growing in the kind of world she did, always being told to watch everyone because the moment she lowered her guard someone would stab her, always knowing people were nice to you because they wanted something from you, Nora is the only one Blanca actually trust and would let her hold her.

How did Will get that privilege? Or is Blanca so fragile right now that she doesn't care? No, that's not likely. No matter how weak she is, she wouldn't trust just anyone to hold her when the world is shaking under her feet.

How?

But that curiosity isn't the most important thing. Nora also feels sorry because she's the one delivering the bad news, turing Blanca's world upside down. She is aware even Blanca resents her, unconsciously, for what she's doing. But someone has to do it, someone has to tell her and look after her. Nora has to be the one who brings the unwanted news.

Blanca, once is doing a bit better, is returned to Nora and they can continue their talk about the situation while Will is left feeling uneasy. His heart is beating harder and he doesn't dare step too far from Blanca, both from fear she might freak out again and for other reason he can't pinpoint. 

His heart is torn because of her, the struggle and fear. He knows already she conceals a great deal of her feelings and now she can't even do that, and Will worries about that. Furthermore, she's so guilty because of that other girl, unwillingly pretending to be her. Blanca worries about that girl as much as she worries about everything else. It's that situation what becomes the last straw and makes her lose control.

Will also feels guilty for thinking she only cared about herself. That girl is anonymous, she doesn't even have a face, but Blanca is desperate for her, trying to bring justice to her and feeling so remorseful for dragging her with her.

How could he think Blanca only cared about herself and money? He can see her now, her heart breaking for someone else, more than it breaks for herself.

He's judged her so hard and as he realises that, he wonders: what else did he get wrong about her?

He's seeing Blanca in a new light and he doesn't know well how to apologise for that. He is also feeling conflicted because he doesn't want to admit he's curious. He wants to know more about her, understand her better.

It's so hard admitting one's wrong, it's even harder accepting the world isn't as one sees it and there's more to explore, more to understand, things that can shatter one's believes. It's so hard and he's not sure how to take the first step.

One thing Will knows for sure: he has to protect Blanca. The threat she's under is real and scary, and he'll do his best to help her. Ideologies aside, she's just a person right now and he has always fought for all lives. He won't make an exception now.