I Have A Dirty Secret (Part 2)

I climbed into my father's car without a word. He asked if I was ok, and if I had breakfast. I forgot to eat, but I still nodded. The thought of school sat bitterly in my stomach. How could I think of anything else?

That's where I went missing, that's where Sugar Fall took place and that's where Jason was. Jason, who was he? Shivers creeped down my spine and my heart raced in anticipation. If I was ever able to meet him I think I'd explode. I think I'd have to throw myself away if I did something embarrassing. I felt my face redden and slapped it quickly. I couldn't allow myself to get caught up in my feelings, although it was satisfying. My father started the engine and I was comforted by its rumbling.

He drove through the narrow streets smoothly. Unfamiliar billboards and roads grabbed my attention and I happily took in the scenery. I was never able to travel, while I was in my twenties money was always scarce. I giggled thinking about Pam's reaction when I told her all I was eating was cabbage. But I didn't really have choice. Having a full course meal was too expensive for me at the time. I really hit rock bottom. I looked down at my hands and squeezed them regretfully.

"BRRRRIIINNNNNGGGGG!!" A standard ringtone went off and I looked up at my father. He glanced over at me and then back at the road.

"Hey, could you get my phone?" He pointed to the glove compartment.

"I think it's in that drawer thing in front of you." I rummaged through it until I felt something rectangular and heavy.

"Here you go." I said simply giving it a once over. He quickly placed the phone to his ear, supporting it with his shoulder.

"Hello? Oh hello Mr. principal sir how's the morning treating you, huh?" He laughed loudly. I wondered if they were good friends, or if he was just using proper etiquette. He continuously nodded and smiled as if he was at an interview. It was difficult to distinguish whether he was truly enjoying himself.

"Yea ok, I'll tell her, oh really huh? So, ok she'll meet her there." He chuckles loudly again and slaps his knee. They must be really cracking jokes. I was more confused than an unlearned child reading a chapter book. I slowly lost interest and peered back out the window. I stared out of it attentively examining the city, the bright lights reminding me of a class trip I took to New York. Still, it was considerably cleaner and the streets considerably more cramped. But unlike New York, diversity was scarce. It reminded me of when I first arrived to this alienated country.

"You're going to be meeting the principal's daughter at the back of the school." My father said distracting me from my train of thought.

"Why's that?" I asked still looking out of the window. He pulled up to a large familiar building. Crowds of people wearing identical clothing flooded into two sizable gates. Why were there so many people? Why was the building so great?" And why did it seem different than all of the other places I've seen here? I shrunk privily in my seat and wondered if I was at school already. My worries saturated my consciousness along with anxiety,and fear. I would have to face people I didn't know, I would have to feel their eyes weigh heavily on my shoulders. Was I over thinking the situation?