Love Me? Like You Do.

A very warm welcome to everyone who is reading this story.

Before you start reading, please note :

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Also keep in mind that I do not tolerate plagiarism of any sort. Note that my work is protected by the US Copyright Law and should you try to steal you are liable to be prosecuted.

Copyrighted by © SandCrystal 2016

Love Me? Like You Do.

                                                                Copyrighted by © SandCrystal 2016

Chapter 1

Brielle was panicking now. The elderly man was not waking up. He was lying on his back on the ground, his eyes closed and breathing deeply, his hands clutching his chest. Brielle sprinkled water over his face, but to no avail. Flustered, she pulled out her phone from her track pant pocket and dialed the number for an ambulance. 

Welcome. Please dial 1 for ... She obeyed the service operator for a while, but when she was put on hold for the third time, she lost her patience and kicked the leaves at her feet in frustration.

"At this rate his condition will deteriorate." she thought. 

Desperate, she looked at the man again, suddenly noticing a tiny card falling out of his breast pocket. She hesitantly picked it up and scrutinized it. In small neat handwriting four phone numbers were written, "Hospital - xxx909xx, Fire-xxx11xxx, Food- 00xxxx9xx, Car- 88xxxxx"

Brielle searched both sides for a relative's contact number, but there was none. 

"I may as well call on the number given." she thought. After all, the elderly man must have been carrying it for a reason.

"Please, I need an ambulance." she said quickly as soon as someone picked up. They had responded fast and Brielle was relieved.

"Your name Miss?" asked the cool, calm voice on the other side.

"Gabrielle Dane." said Brielle quickly. "Please hurry, the patient collapsed over five minutes ago."

"Your location Ms. Dane?" asked the female voice. Brielle felt oddly soothed. 

"Northwood Central Park. Right beside the lake."

"Our ambulance is on its way. Please stay with the patient until the paramedics arrive." said the woman.

"Of course, thank you so much."

"Our pleasure to help, Ms Dane. Have a lovely day."

Brielle paced back and forth tugging at her hair. She had yelled for help, but no one had heard.The lake was at a remote part of the park and very few people came there for their morning jog or walk. Except the old man and herself, of course. She sighed as she looked at his sleeping form, hoping the ambulance would hurry up and get there. 

"His family will be so worried." she thought. "I don't even know his name. But I see him everyday. We both turn up to look at the swans around here. If only, I'd made an attempt to know him."

Her thoughts were cut short as two male medics rushed up to the clearing, carrying a fold-able bed. 

"Miss Dane?" asked the first man, as he held up a paper for her to sign.