✙ Chapter 10 ✙

Hey!

An update! Yay! Sorry, I've been really busy with school and I promise, I will eventually edit this chapter! There might be some mistakes, just a warning! I wrote this in like two hours because I just have very little time! So, I hope you like it! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: 12/27/14

Click!

I flinched at the cold metal against my skin, anger rising inside of me. An hour after breakfast, Drew had dragged me outside to back porch where he handcuffed me to a heavy, cushioned chair. There weren't any answers to my questions and it was wasting the time I had to escape. An ugly scowl came across my face as he shoved the key into his back pocket, exhaling loudly. He ran his fingers through his dark hair, before looking over his shoulder at his Beta, Cole. He was rocking back and forth on his feet, quietly. His curly, blond hair blew softly with the wind and his eyes wavered from Drew to me, secretly narrowing slightly at me. I wasn't surprised that he was upset I had smashed a vase on his head; he had probably suffered through a long lecture from Drew too.

I wriggled my trapped wrist. "I know how to escape handcuffs, idiot."

"I figured," he said, before frowning. "And, can you stop with the names?"

"Says the one who calls me 'sweetheart'."

"Which isn't offensive, unlike yours."

"Aw, am I hurting your feelings?" I said, forcing a pout. He glared at my bottom lip that curled out and the saddened eyes.

"Wow, I'm really seeing the love in this relationship," Cole blurted, producing a cigarette from his jacket pocket. I watched as he pulled out a purple lighter, tossing it up into the air, before catching it with ease in his palm. Drew narrowed his eyes at him threateningly over his shoulder, though Cole was completely oblivious because he was more focused on lighting his cigarette.

I smirked. "How's your head?"

That captured his attention - he looked at me with a scowl.

Shaking his head, Drew turned his attention back to me. "Don't start anything - look, I have to make some important calls in my office, so just enjoy the fresh air while I'm gone, okay?" Unbelievable. He had handcuffed me to a chair, expecting me to behave, while talking to me as if I was a child. I tried wriggling my wrist free, but it was locked too tight and without a bobby pin, I was stuck pondering ideas on how to escape. "Please, don't be difficult."

"Impossible."

He took a deep breath. "Well, just in case you do escape these handcuffs, Cole and Jay will be out here with you." He gestured towards Cole who took a long drag of his cigarette, then towards Jay who stood behind me, quietly. He lingered in the doorway, his bulky arms folded across his chest, making the veins in his arms pop! Trust me, all he needed was some green spray paint on his skin and he could've easily been mistaken as Hulk's twin brother.

"Seriously?" I drawled, frowning. "I need babysitters?"

"Do you blame me?" he responded, his eyebrows shooting up. I shrugged, honestly understanding where he was coming from. "And, Katie will also be keeping you company, right?"

There, situated in the other cushioned chair on the porch, was Katie. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a tight, curly ponytail. She was dressed for another long day, wearing a tank, yellow shorts, and flip-flops that rested on the concrete. She wiggled her toes and I noticed her pink, pedicured nails. I hadn't noticed her until Drew mentioned her at that moment; she must have slipped outside when I was busy arguing with him. But, I watched in disgust as Hulk walked over to her and planted a kiss on her forehead.