XXXIV

Days with Camila consisted of the same occurrences, most of the time. Cuddling was essential and almost their default position, although their conversation was often fleeting. Lauren generally knew what to expect each day. They rarely went out, simply because they were awfully lazy and unimaginative. Neither of the two girls really required anything more than the other's attention. Proximity was entertaining enough for them. Spending their remaining days indoors in the company of each other was more than enough to keep them sated.

Their move was only a few days away now. Lauren had been keeping up with the dates for the first time all summer, because the dreaded one was steadily approaching. Heartbreak was four days away, if she'd been keeping up correctly. She and Camila had made a pact not to mention it, or to share any of their foreboding thoughts about it at all, just so they could ensure a pleasant memory for their last. But just because those thoughts hadn't been vocalized didn't mean they weren't existing. It didn't mean that Lauren wasn't plagued with those depressing circumstances lingering in the back of her mind and making her feel the need to cling to Camila for the rest of their duration together. It didn't mean that Lauren wasn't becoming a superb actress, smiling and laughing as if she wasn't dwelling on what was soon to come; by what was just days away now. Two weeks ago, it was finalized. And two weeks were gone in the blink of an eye.

Days passed, and time diminished.

They were in bed tonight, and it was around two in the morning. Faint snoring was heard by her side, and she'd usually crack a teasing smile at the sound. The smile was there, because Lauren was wide awake tonight, trying to consciously enjoy Camila for as long as she could. It was pointless to actually sleep with her here, because she wouldn't feel anything; she couldn't appreciate her. But as she lay here awake, slowly grazing her knuckles along the length and soft curve of Camila's back, she could feel each and every rise and fall of her chest, she could see her still body and relaxed features, and she could smell her sweet scent. She could experience all that Camila had to offer if she was awake.

The battle between Lauren's mind and body were intense. Her body craved rest, but her stubborn mind refused to succumb to sleep. She wouldn't give up the few chances she still had to do this with her. However, her body finessed its way to sleep as she slowly closed her eyelids and that hand gradually stopped moving.

-

Alejandro woke them up prematurely the next morning. It was a mere seven o'clock in the morning, and he was bright-eyed and bushy tailed to prepare for their adventure. The sun had barely risen, but he was up and determined to get the rest of their packing and boxing done today. He was going to bring Camila along on his trip back to their mansion, where she would have to opportunity to go through her possessions and choose what she would take and what could be given away. He hadn't altered Camila's room at all, or any of the rooms she used to venture to often. He was going to let her do it herself. Perhaps Lauren could accompany her. They could use all the help they could get. Once he'd sifted through everything he deemed valuable, he figured he could just pay some movers to do the rest. The truck was to arrive two days from now, and they needed to be prepared.

"Girls," he prompted the sleepy pair as he pat the comforter. He shook one of their shoulders, and he didn't know who it belonged to. Both heads were buried into the pillow and their dark hair was obstructing both of their faces. He was sure their bodies were intertwined beneath the sheets as well.

"Mija," Alejandro tried again and shook her a little more forcefully. Camila was extremely stubborn in the morning, and he commended Sofia and Sebastian for taking it upon themselves to get her up. He'd never been the one to wake her for school.

Lauren was the one to wake up first, registering his intrusion on her sleep. A low sound was heard from below as Alejandro peeled the covers back a little. He gently moved the other girl's hair out of her face and grasped her shoulder. Camila finally responded to his endeavors by whining and curling into Lauren's warmth some more. Alejandro put his hands on his hips, mystified by how difficult it was to get them up.