Words I Might Have Said (Kai Hiwatari)

Kai's POV:

"Hey Kai!" (First Name) smiled, sitting across from me.

Hi (First Name). You look beautiful today.

"Hi." I returned her greeting flatly, gritting my teeth afterwords in self loathing, "So what did you want to meet me here for?"

Her smile never wavered. She bit her lip and looked up at me, twisting the end of hair between her fingers shyly.

"A-Are you busy this Friday?" She stuttered cutely, blushing like crazy.

No.

"I don't know," I answered, sipping my coffee.

"O-oh. Well there's this girls ask guys dance Friday night and I was wondering...if you'd be my date?" She laughed awkwardly, trying to mask her nervousness.

I stared at her blankly for a minute before responding.

Yes. I'd love to. I'd be honored to be your date.

"Sorry. Dances aren't really my thing," I stated bluntly, averting my gaze to the floor.

I flinched as I saw the light slowly fade from her eyes and her whole body seemed to droop slightly.

"Oh....okay. Thanks for meeting me here anyway..." She mumbled, standing up and making her way towards the door.

No.
Don't go.
Come back.
Please.

I just watched her go, my face stone cold as my heart slowly broke for her. But I knew the pain I had caused her was far worse than what I felt, and that broke my heart even more.

"(First Name)..." I whispered, clenching my fists against the table.

I love you.

My silent confession was met only with the slamming of the door and the strained beating of two shattered hearts.

A/N: I'm combining two requests wait for part two you'll see 😈
Requested By: @-_Fatal_Suta_-

Requests are open