17) The Terrible Chef

Lena
-
"You sure you don't want me to keep you company?" Isaac asked.

"I'm sure." I smiled.

"Alright, well if you need anything, and I mean anything, don't hesitate to call." He smiled kissing my cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Thanks, I'll see you." I waved one last time before I closed the door and walked up to my room.

I threw my clothes off and hopped into the shower. I wonder if my mom made it over okay? I'll text her once I get out the shower. I hope my grandpa is okay, I was never really close to him but still I feel bad.

I heard a creak in the floorboards and I instantly regretted watching a horror movie with Isaac. "Dammit." I hurried up and dried myself off before pulling on my sweats and a tank top.

Alright I have clothes on I think I'm safe. It's always the naked girls who die. I grab my bat from behind the door and decide to go downstairs. I'm not trying to check for murderers I'm checking for pop tarts, the bat is just precautionary.

"Oh he-" before I could process anything I swung the bat.

"You got a good swing." Daren hissed shaking his hand off.

"Shit, I told you to stop sneaking up on me!" I hit his arm.

"Hey! In my defense you snuck up on me, I was just getting some juice." He pointed his finger at me.

"After you broke into my house." I glared.

"Touché." He chuckled.

"Is your hand okay?" I asked.

"I'll live." He walked over to the sink and ran his hand under cold water.

"So what are you doing here?"

"I was bored." He shrugged.

"This isn't exactly an amusement park."

"Yeah, well you're fun to hang out with." He shrugged. "Who else am I gonna watch supernatural with?"

"I suppose you can hang out for a while." I cave.

"Cool! I'll be in bed." He winks jogging up the stairs.

"Flirt." I mumble.

I gather some snacks and carry them up into my room, where I find Daren sprawled on my bed.

"Gee, make yourself at home."

"Thanks babe." He smiles at me ignoring my sarcasm.

"Scoot over." I push him back.

He complies by pressing his back against the wall, i lay in front of him and press play.

"Ooh! Look!" I smack Daren's arm. "How can you not see that they're in love?!" I point at my favorite OTP ; Destiel.

"I don't know, guess some people just can't see what is right in front of them." He looks down at me.

We stare at each other as I pout, "but it's so obvious!"

"No matter how obvious it is, the other is normally pretty oblivious." He shrugs. "That's life."

"That must suck." I frown.

"It does."

I furrow my eyes and turn away from him. Odd. Mhm. Dean is so sexy.

After a while, I feel my eyes start to feel heavy. Supernatural is too good to stop watching. Must keep fighting. But it was too late, soon I found myself drift off into sleep.

-
-

"Do I look lonely? I see the shadows on my face, people have told me, I don't look the same.." mhm sounds heavenly.

Did I die?

Nah.

I stretch and open my eyes, scanning my room, nothing out of the ordinary. I drag myself out of my bed following the sound of this heavenly voice.

I tip toe downstairs and peek into the kitchen, Daren is singing and flipping pancakes. He's so cute.

"I'm walking the long roads, watching the sky fall..."

"You're a good singer." I interrupt.

"Shit." He jumps back and drops a pancake.

"Oh no." I frown.

He chuckles and tosses the pancake away. "How'd you sleep?"

"Eh, alright."

"Really? You seemed pretty comfy while you were snoring."

I gasp. "I was not!"

"Were too." He sing sang. "It's okay, it was pretty cute." He winked.

"Snoring is not cute." I frowned.

"Here you go." Daren placed some pancakes in front of me. "My mommas recipe."

I took a bite and immediately regretted it. "No offense, but these are horrible."

"Yeah, my mom was a pretty bad cook." We looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"How bout you get dressed and I take you to the diner?" He offers.

"Sounds good to me." I yawn going back upstairs to shower and get ready.

-

I came back down in my Adidas pants and my Wayward Af T-shirt. "I'm ready."

We hopped into his jeep, crying because it's amazing, and he drove us to the nearest Denny's.

My phone buzzes.

Good morning beautiful, what are you up to? -Isaac.

Good morning! Just getting breakfast at Denny's! -Lena

"What can I get started for you guys?" The waiter asks.

"I'll take a bourbon burger." I smile.

"I'll take a regular breakfast plate." Daren smiles at the waiter.

"Great, I'll be back."

"So how's the boyfriend treating ya?" Daren asks.

"He's great, I mean we have only been dating for two days, but he's been great."

"That's nice." He smiles and looks away.

"Well, if it isn't my girlfriend and my step brother." I look up and lock eyes with Isaac.

"Hey!" I stand up and hug him. "What are you doing here?"

"I came here to surprise you." He smiled.

"That's so cute, come sit!" I drag him into my side of the booth.

"Well, I should leave you love birds alone." Daren takes out a twenty and places it on the table, "I'll see you around."

"No you don't have to-"

"Bye." Isaac cuts me off.

Daren waves and walks out. Isaac gets up and moves to the other side of the booth. "We need to talk." He crosses his arms.

Oh.

Hehe hiya guys,
Sorry for not updating, I've been pretty busy, traveling and starting college and all that fun stuff. Anyways I hope you like this, I'm kind of all over the place. Oh well.

Kay, bye babes!!!