Chapter 5: Fashion Week

"And we are put on this earth a little space that we might learn to bear the beams of love" - William Blake

Please VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW me, too....

......................

Vicky's POV

I programmed the machine into walking, setting it at a low speed as I step on, warming up then work my way up. 

"Since we are off today, maybe we could do movie marathon tonight. What do you think, Vi?" Frankie half panting as she looks at me, walking at a bit fast pace. She placed her hands on the handlebar as she trained her eyes on me.

She's one of the models, too. I find her nice so I offered her my place and we can share with the bills. 

She's from Brazil. She stayed with her best friend when she arrived here as she finds a place and I'm glad she agreed to live with me. She's very sweet and sometimes, funny, which most of the times cures my homesickness when it hits me.

Glancing around the gym and saw a few that also works at Vogue, then my eyes traveled back to Frankie who was glancing at me once in a while with a furrowed eyebrow, waiting for my response impatiently.

When our eyes meet, she cocks her eyebrow and I smiled "Sure," I agreed. Sweat breaking out of her forehead and her upturned nose. 

She was wearing the same outfit as mine only she wears pink and mine was black sports bra paired with gray marbled leggings.

This is our routine. As a model, exercising is a very high ingredient in our life. We need to stay sexy because it is the main key to our job. To have that body that everyone adores, not that I have a choice, but I would rather stay a bit plump than being too skinny, but then again, being skinny and pretty is what it takes to get into a modeling world. 

I glanced out the glass window where a row of treadmill facing the glass overlooking the Hanover square. We are on the top floor of the tenth floor Hanover luxury apartment and our room are on the second floor. 

"While watching maybe we could have some popcorn or ice cream," I said unconsciously. It's been a while since I had any of those. I've been depriving myself for any sweets especially ice cream and it is my favorite. I unconsciously lick my lips and felt drooling as Snobar ice cream which I'd tried at Vegas flashed in my head, or the cream and cookies.

"You're kidding, right?" I suddenly snap my head in her direction and her eyes were sparkling, matching mine as she visibly gulped down. She's trying to hold the urge to agree with me. 

I chuckled.

"I know, but I'm suddenly craving some. Maybe a little won't hurt," I said. I felt the treadmill starting to pick up a pace.

"You're 126 lbs right now, Vi. I'm just 119. You can't go more than 130 lbs or you'll lost this one in a million chance," 

Honestly, I don't really mind at all. Modeling is not what I really want. I wanted to be a designer. I took a swing at it because I know it's the closest route to getting into the designing company.

"I'm not getting some, so you're not getting anything," Frankie playfully glared at me and I pouted absentmindedly.

I held on the handlebar as my legs keep up the fast pace. I'm starting to pants, and legs muscles are starting to feel burning. 

We did some sprinting when we got here, and a little lifting to tone the arms. We've been up here in the gym for more than hour if I'm not wrong.

"So we will just stare at the screen with our saliva filling us," I playfully remark, and she nodded chuckling all the while panting.