Scout

*I am so sorry this part is so long. But you get to know Scout's past. This is a really important chapter for her... Again I'm so sorry this is so insanely long. Please read it! Thanks!*

"Pursue our insulting? Studies show? Tomorrow will be far less than a hundred percent?" I demand upon closing the door. Cade glances at me, and Sheila looks at me.

"What point are you attempting to make?" Sheila asks, putting her hands on her temples.

"I wasn't making one. I was just going to ask when you swallow a textbook and a computer and a dictionary. Not saying anything bad, but try not to use to many large words around the guys. They won't understand." I whisper loudly and conspiratorially.

Their eyes go wide, and then they laugh. Sheila glances at me, and wipes her eyes. "Wow Scout. I didn't know you could be funny." I glare at her, and stick my tongue out.

"I can you know. So ha." I tilt my head and act like five year old. "But down to business. I'll take the floor. Don't worry."

Even though the floor was tile, I still don't care. I don't want to share a bed, and the guys don't deserve it. I do. "Scout..." Cade starts. I snap my gaze to her.

"We are not having this conversation. I can function without sleep, and I don't want to seem selfish by claiming a bed. So just take it. I'll sleep on the floor for a night, until they get the bed. Please I don't want to argue, not today."

They stare at me in shock. And Sheila recovers first. "That is very mature and logical of yours. My gratitude is sent to you." She says. I give a small laugh, quirk my lips up.

"No problem, computer." I add. Her look falters, then resumes. "You asked for it." I sing, and go to the closet. Lo and behold, there's the blanket. I set it up near the door, wanting to be able to get to anyone. It's a weird habit. The rest of the evening passes in a blur, being to tired to process anything.

We get back to our rooms and I collapse in my corner and the others into their bed. We all mutter our good nights. "Until tomorrow. I hope you all have nice Rapid Eye Movement visions, and have uninterrupted sleep. And that no bed bugs-"

"Sheila!" Cade and I shout at the same time. She laughs softly.

"We love how smart you are, but we want you to shut up. We're tired. Just shush." I say, and we all fall into what I thought was a dreamless sleep.

"Scout..." A voice pierces the veil of sleep. I roll over, burying my head into the blanket, an armadillo curling into it's shell. "No. Sleep." I mutter, growling.

"You wanna do this? Or should I?" Cade's voice says.

"I don't particularly want to attempt waking up this... sleepy pit viper." Sheila responds. I roll over again and look at them. Glaring as hard as I can, hoping I can kill them by looking at them. Or at least paralyze them.

"Yeah. I see it. Sleepy pit viper." Cade sniggers. I finally get up, and glare at them again. Some hair falls into my eyes and I brush it away.

"I can hear you."

"Then hear this. You have five minutes to get ready before we have to meet Daniel." Sheila says, backing up. I explode up to my feet, rushing to my backpack, which was magically brought here. I grab my brush and yank it through my hair while yelling at the guys.

"You made me miss breakfast! Damn you! You didn't save me anything! Why didn't you get me up! Now I'll be hungry. Damn it!" I rush around, and rip off yesterday's disgusting clothes and shove into new ones. I brush my teeth fast, and throw on my boots.