Emilees POV

Some say that death is like jumping in the air and not coming back down. I disagree it's more like a clock. From the time we are born our clock is ticking to a certain time and when the alarm goes off God will decide whether or not to turn it off or let it ring. Him turning it off would be like taking you to heaven or to hell. Letting it ring would be you chance to wake up and live. But from the time we were born we are forced into society into school into people into everything! But what if I wanted to be a duck huh? Or some other type of animal that got away with messing with people? Well that was never going to happen.
It has been almost 2 years since my inccedent. I don't talk to any one any more. Ever since I woke up after the surgery I refused to talk to any one. Even Lana. I know it hurt her that I didn't talk to her but I knew that if I showed any kind of emotion towards anything..... I don't know what I would do. Honestly it scared me to even think that I would here my own voice again. Lana, Fred and I have come up with our own way of communicating. I would nod or write something down if it was that important. But other than that I didn't really communicate. Lana decided that I should do online classes since it's the end of my junior year. But I don't know how much more of being here in this house knowing that I was disappointing them by not talking.

Lana walked into my room and gently knocked on the frame while smiling at me weekly. Lola was laying at my feet under my desk that I was sitting at doing my home work. I looked up at her and raised and eyebrow as if to ask her what she needed.
"Uhh this weekend Fred and I are going on this couples weekend thing in Mexico or some place I didn't read everything.....anyways you are going to stay with Jen that weekend."she said and smiled at Lola that had lifted her head when she realized that Lana was talking. I nodded then I wrote on a piece of paper asking her when I was leaving. She raised it up and read it then looked to me.
"How bout Thursday?" She asks. I nod my head again and she was gone. This week end was when I was going. A couple weeks ago I went online and signed up for basic training in the coast guard. But to be more specific I would be training the dogs. It was good timing to because training starts Friday. I went to my closet and started to pack the cloths that I would be taking with me. I grabbed to duffle bags and packed one full of cloths and the other with some of my favorite things like my bat man blanket and couple other things that I knew I would need. I also had packed a small black purse with my secret stash of money that I had earned.
A couple weeks ago I was contacted by my sister Lacey which is my biological sister she lives in Utah. She informed me that my moms 2012 white 4x4 Ford was on its way to me but it needed some work in the engine so I had her send it to a shop a couple minutes from the house. Lana has no idea that it's here. And I was going to keep it that way. After I was done packing I set them right inside the small walk in closet that I had.
I walked down stairs but her soft but harsh whispering. I imedieatlly knew that it was Jen and Lana.
"No Jen! Not yet! I'm going on this couples weekend with him then I'll tell him. Emilee needs to get out of the house and I don't want her here when I tell Fred that I want a divorce!" She whisper shouted to Jen.
"It's only going to delay us! Lana I love you but your killing me! Plus I want to be there for you when you do tell him!" She whisper shouted back. I was standing behind the wall that led into the kitchen were they were. Lana is with Jen? How have I not noticed this? I asked my self. That when I decided that I was going to talk today.

___________________________
Lanas POV
I heard something walking in the hall way so I stopped talking and looked at the door to the kitchen and so did Jen. A few moments later Emilee walked in and smiled at us. I don't know how long it has been since I last saw her smile. It made my heart break even more about the divorce. What happened next three me for a whirl. She cleared her throat and sat a a bar stool.
"Lana? Lana. Oh wow my voice sounds weird! Am I really talking?" Her voice was raspy and she cleared it again. And made a face at herself. My jaw literally hit the ground so did Jens.
"Did you....did you just talk? Of course you did I'm just making sure." I said pointing lightly towards her.
"Ya I know right? I just thought that today would be that I finally talked to someone or someone's" she said gesturing towards me and Jen. Jen was the first to speak.
"Wow now that I hear your voice I now know how much I missed it!" She exclaimed and went over a gave Emilee a hug. She closed her eyes and smiled. When Jen pulled away she had tears in her eyes. She quickly wiped them away as trying not to let Emilee see them. I then walked over and did the same.
"So kid you coming to my house Thursday?" She asks and looks at me her eyes repeting everything that was said earlier. I brushed it off and looked over to Emilee. I sighed.
"Yep! It's Tuesday so we got tomorrow do anything you want before we leave!" I exclaim and Emilee puts her finger under her chin as if thinking then walks over to me and leans close to my ear so only I can hear her.
"How bout it be just me and you tomorrow?" She asks then steps back. Jen looks at us confused.
"Sure whatever you want to do! As long as it's not to pricey!" I tell her then go to the cabinet to grab a glass then walk to the fridge to but water in it.
She just nods and turns around and walks back upstairs to her bedroom.