Chapter 15- Half and Half

My head throbbed angrily as I opened my eyes, the dim light making it easier to see. I looked around to see T-Dog, Rick, Daryl and a young hispanic man staring at me. Confusion set in, since I couldn't recognize the kid or where I was. Then the memories came flooding back.

"Where's Glenn?" I asked slowly, searching the room for the petite korean boy.

Rick came over and looked at me cautiously. "How much do you remember?"

I sat up slowly, glaring at the kid in the corner. "Enough to know his little Mexican friends kidnapped Glenn, and smashed a bottle over my head."

I studied the boy, his mouth was gaged and his hands tied together, his eyes screaming with terror. "So what's the plan?" I said, glaring once again at the bound boy.

Rick stuck out his hand to help me up, but I shook it off. Rick sighed as I refused his hand to stand up. "They said either hand over the guns or come locked and loaded."

I raised an eyebrow and pointed to our bag. "They better not be talking about those guns."

Daryl laughed dryly and pulled the boy to his feet forcefully. "That's right, looks like we're goin' locked and loaded."

T-Dog smirked and picked up a double barrel shot gun. "Let's do this."

Daryl lead the group out from the office building. We walked for a bit, Daryl in the front with the kid, his crossbow aimed at his back.

We walked up to an old, brick warehouse and Rick took the lead, grabbing the boy in the process.

Old doors squeaked open and we walked inside. My eyes took a moment to adjust to the dark lighting, but when they did I could already tell we were out numbered.

Rick pushed the kid forwards so he emerged with the large group. In the middle of the gang, a tiny Mexican man stood, his arms crossed.

"I see my bag of guns, but not all the guns are there." The man said, eyeing the bag angrily.

I snorted and glared at the man, hoping he would suddenly combust. "Who says they're your guns?"

The man gave me a cold stare before shifting his gaze to Rick. "She new? Thought we discussed this."

I slid one of my swords off my back, playing with it in my hands. "You told us to come locked and loaded, well we're here." Rick said calmly.

I stopped playing with my sword and prepared to use it, it looked like I would need to by the rate this conversation was going. Rick looked like he was about to blow the leaders head off, but obviously got distracted by the elderly woman that just waddled in.

"Felipe! It's Mr. Gilbert! He's having trouble breathing!" The old lady cried in alarm.

"Get that old lady outa fire!" Daryl yelled.

The leader of the group sighed and turned his head. "Felipe! Get your grandmother out of here now!" The man barked out. The giant man bent down and muttered something to the old woman, and she started to leave.

She turned around and noticed Rick. She wandered over and stood in front of Rick, Rick lowered his weapon and waited for her to move.

"Please don't take away Felipe! He's a good man! He turned his life around and we need him here!"

Rick frowned and looked down at the lady with interest. "Ma'am we're not here to arrest him."

I stepped closer to the woman and looked down at the fragile, old lady. "We're looking for someone named Glenn, can you help us?"

Her face brightened up. "The asian? Follow me." She took my hand and lead me through the area. We passed through a yard and into a building, elderly people surrounded us and men from the gang helped them. She lead me down a hallway to a large room, with a small crowd gathered in the middle. An old man sitting in a wheelchair seemed to be the source of commotion. People surrounded him, and in the back of the crowd I noticed our Korean friend. I shook my head and walked over to him. "What happened?" I asked.

Glenn continued to stare at the old man. "He couldn't breath."

T-Dog moved beside Glenn. "We thought you were getting eaten by dogs man!" T-Dog said looking around the room.

Glenn raised an eyebrow and pointed behind him. "You mean those?"

I looked to where Glenn was pointing. Two tiny chihuahuas laid in a small dog basket. I pinched the bridge of my nose and looked over at Rick.

He was yelling at the leader, but let out a sigh. He took the bag off his back and started to hand him guns and ammo. I shook my head from disbelief. I walked over to Rick and shook my head. "Let's get outta here."

He nodded and started to leave with me. I motioned for T-Dog and Glenn to follow since Daryl was already hot on our heels.

We got outside the building, and we started to walk back to the van. "Why'd you give them all our guns?" Daryl shouted at Rick.

Rick sighed and kept walking. "Because it was the right thing to do."

Daryl shook his head, and fell behind to the back. I continued to stroll beside Rick and Glenn. We walked for a bit longer and finally got to where the truck was. Except there was no truck.

"Who would have taken our truck?" T-Dog asked shaking his head as we picked up the pace and walked back to camp.

"Merle." I said calmly.

Rick nodded in agreement. "She's right, only Merle would have taken our truck."

I looked back to see Daryl rolling his eyes. I chuckled to myself and we kept walking. We talked small talk the entire way there, it was easily an hours walk, maybe two but by the time we neared the camp it was dark.

I looked to my left to see a walker dangerously close to camp. "What the hell?" I said throwing my knife into it's head.

I bent down and pulled the knife out with ease, but that's when I heard the first scream.