29

"Ooh, fancy." I said, observing the hotel room. Kai hummed and set me down onto my feet.

I gained my balance while I stared around the room

I gained my balance while I stared around the room. It was beautiful. "Wait." I said, Kai hummed, giving me a confused look.

"There's only one bed." I pointed out. I shrugged and patted Kai's cheek. "I guess you'll sleep on the floor."

Kai rolled his eyes with a smirk. "Whatever. We'll share since it's not the first time we've been in the same bed together."

"Not the first time, we've been in the same bed together." I mimicked, taking off Zeke and throwing him on the drawers.

Kai just laughed as I jumped on the bed, laying down. It was as soft as a cloud. "Whoever made this bed, needs an award." I mumbled, sitting up and looking at Kai.

He nodded. "Are you hungry?"

"I'm always hungry, especially now. I want Chinese, Malachai." I said, he nodded. "Don't kill anyone to get it."

A smirk formed on his lips and I laughed, staring up at the ceiling with my feet dangling in the air. I was in love with that bed.

"No promise, Ri. I'll be back in a minute."

"Take your time." I sang, hearing the door shut after he left.

++++

"We could leave you know?" I told Kai while we laid in the bed with sheets covering us. I glanced at him, he looked back at me.

"Just us, leave Mystic Falls." I added with a shrug. "Go wherever."

"I can't, Ri." Kai replied, glancing back at the ceiling. I sighed with disappointment, turning on my side to look at him clearer. He put his gaze back on me.

"Why?" I sighed. "Kai, there's nothing there for us." He didn't reply and I rested my head on his bare chest, tracing patterns with my fingers. "Think about it, Kol's gone, the originals gone and Bonnie's alive and fine."

"I just can't, Ri." He repeated. I rolled my eyes and huffed. "There are things I need to do."

"Like what?"

"You wouldn't understand."

"Whatever." I muttered, dropping the subject.

"Don't go all moody on me, Ri." Kai said, I raised my eyebrows.

"How the hell am I being moody?" I snapped with a glare. Kai raised his eyebrows rolling his eyes, I scoffed.

"God, you can be such a bitch." I heard him mutter, I slapped his arm and he raised his eyebrows. "My point proven."

"Screw you." I said, rolling my eyes as I felt something on my cheek.

What the hell? I through, realising it was a tear and wiped it away. Why am I crying?