17: Revenge

Chapter 17: Revenge

A flood of emotions were surging through me. I clenched my fists. I was furious at her for her betrayal but a little part of me was happy to see her. The part which wanted to see her ex- best friend of four years. I wanted to tell her about all the things that has been going on these past few days leaving out Max's part. I didn't let my emotions show instead I tried to keep a calm composure. I wanted her long awaited explanation and now in order to get that I have to deal this matter sensibly.

"What do you want Casey?" I asked her through gritted teeth. I am not surprised that Casey finally decided to show up and to see her best friend she had lied to.

"Uhh- Can I-I come in?" I knew she was nervous-not by her tone but the way she was distractedly straightening her top. She was dressed in black tights and a purple drapey top matched with ankle boots. Casey loved dressing. She would even put on a nice dress for a stroll. I am quite the opposite, I would always stick to my band t-shirts, tank tops, jeans and shorts or sometimes knee length summer dresses.

I was surprised by how much I was in control but it didn't mean I am not mad at her. Knowing we would be throwing words I suggested we go outside and discuss this over brunch.

The glass door to Aloha opened with the chime of bells. My shift here would be starting soon, I decided to eat here with Casey and be in time for my shift.

"So you work here?" Casey asked as she took a seat on one of the chairs beside the window.

"Yeah the payment is good and besides I have Sophie with me" I answered taking a seat down opposite her.

"Who's Sophie?"- before I could answer her, Sophie interrupted us. "Welcome to Aloha!", she greeted us in her well rehearsed cheery voice, not looking up from her notepad. "I am Sophie and I will be your-" Sophie looked up from her notepad at us- "Grace and Casey? What are you guys doing here?"

Grace shot me a smile while she just nodded at Casey. It looked like Sophie wasn't happy to see her.

"Sophie! What a pleasant surprise? So you work here too?" Casey asked in a high pitched voice. It looks like they both aren't happy to see each other. I knew Casey too well she would always turn her voice up a notch higher when she was faking it.

"Yeah" Sophie shrugged.

Casey looked at me. "I think we are ready to order" She grabbed the menu and started scanning it.

"Cool" Sophie answered. The air was so thick with tension that I can slice it.

It was quite obvious that Casey was annoyed with Sophie's one word replies. She slammed the menu shut and was about to place a order before I interrupted. "I would like to order a vanilla shake and nacho supreme", I said looking up at Sophie and giving her a glare which I hoped conveyed my message for her to behave.

She nodded at me not before rolling her eyes. "And what would you like Casey?" She asked all too sweetly.

Casey calmed herself down as she saw me trying desperately to keep the situation in control. "I would like a black coffee and a garden salad." I was about to suggest her the nachos here but remembering that Casey is such a fitness freak that I refrained.

"I will be back in a minute with your orders" Sophie left us with a smile.

Thank god.

"Seriously you are friends with her? " she asked incredulously.

I was pissed at her but I decided to stick to my calm composure. "Why? What's wrong with her?"

"She left us! And remember we had a fight with her. She blamed everything on me", she brushed her blonde locks back.

"We? I didn't argue with her, you did. Besides she was the only person who I keep in touch with regularly except for Audrey". And Max. I said to myself instead of saying out loud.

Casey's expression soften maybe it reminded her the reason I don't talk to Roderick and her.

"So how have you been? " Casey asked sadly.

How have I been? Sulking, crying and occasionally angry at myself for being so naive. All those times I had to miss our movie nights because some Audrey emergency came up and so Roderick and Casey would end up spending time together. I am pretty sure they would end up doing more than watching movies. I couldn't bring myself to think about it.

"Not good. Not every day you get cheated by your best friend and boyfriend. Do you?", I snickered very much irritated by her questions.

Before Casey could say anything we got interrupted by Sophie.

"Your vanilla shake"- Sophie placed the sweating tall glass in front of me- " And your coffee"- she placed the steaming hot mug in front of Casey.

"I will be back with rest of the order later", She left us not before shooting me a 'Are you okay?' look towards me seeing my grim expression. I returned her a nod to say I was or at least I was trying to.

"I am really sorry Grace it was purely unintentional... I- I never meant for it to happen. I swear." She didn't dare meet my eye.

"Yeah your mouth just accidently happened to land on my boyfriend's dick right?" I gritted my teeth so hard that I was surprised that words were actually coming out of my mouth. I was losing it- little by little.

"We only hooked up twice and the second time you..you caught us. I swear-nothing much happened between us. I tried to reach you and tell you everything but I didn't get a chance to".

I was surprised that she still had the audacity to talk to me. Hook up twice? Like that piece of information makes me feel better.

"You know very well I never judged you for not being able to keep your pants on. But you are never- I repeat never supposed to hook up with your best friend's boyfriend" I cried out attracting a little attention from the faraway table. I was glad the diner wasn't full. People soon got back to their business after I shot them a glare.

"You know what- I am tired of apologizing. It was just twice. It's not like we were hooking up regularly behind your back" She spat.

I held an incredulous look on my face. The person in front of me was definitely not my best friend. The best friend I knew. She might be blunt but she was a nice person. But this was a different person. She was the bitch that my ex-boyfriend cheated on me with. I couldn't take this anymore. My temper had reached its peak and I was losing all my patience. So I did the one thing I didn't expect myself to do.

I got up from my seat and threw my cold vanilla shake on her face. The white stuff not only covered her flawless face but it dripped down to drench her top and most of them was on her impeccable blonde hair. She looked at me in shock; her jaw dropping.

"You bitch! Why did you do that?" She screamed while wiping her hands with tissues, attracting attention to our table.

"Because you deserved it" I said bitterly with a saccharine smile plastered over my face.

"I will never talk to you ever again!" She cried out picking up her clutch from her table and standing up.

"Cool" I shrugged. "And yeah fuck you!" I said proudly showing her my middle finger.

She glowered at me and left the diner before she could further embarrass herself.

I felt a little lighter. There was too much anger building up inside me and I needed a release. But a significant part of me was sad to lose my best friend but this wasn't the Casey I became friends with- the one who was not guilty of betraying me and ruining our perfect friendship. The cold air hit my face and before I know it was drying the tears on my cheeks. I didn't realize I was crying. I decided to wipe it and get dressed in my work outfit which I packed it up before heading here.

.....................

Hello beautiful people! Another update for you! 

Let me know what you guys think!