V

"Can you take a shift tonight? I have to catch up on my homework that I know you've finished already and we could really use your help," my friend Gia asks, her eyes staring at me.

"I guess. What time?" I ask, her hand holding the door open.

"5-8."

I ponder for a while before I agree, her happiness clear. "Thank you so much. I'll make sure to give you some pay as soon as it comes in my check," she says, my head nodding. We make it to my class and a hand grabs mine, pulling me back.

"Hi beautiful," Harry says, pulling me into his arms quickly. His wet hair hits my forehead and I grab his waist, his lips pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"Hello, wet hair," I say, his smile bright.

"Sorry. Just came from practice so I showered. You up for studying tonight?" he asks, brushing my hair back. I wore it down today.

"I have to cover a shift at the library," I say, his hand brushing my cheek.

"Looks like I'm going to the library tonight," he smiles, my cheeks flushing. He leans back down and presses another kiss to my cheek.

"I'll see you later, Lucy," he grins, my head nodding. He walks away and I walk into my class, taking notes and doing my homework.

After writing the last of the in class essay, I go to my next class and sit down. My lips curve into a smile when the chair is pushed next to me and Harry is wrapping his arm around me, his head leaning to look at me.

"You have a button nose," he grins, my lips curving at him in endearment. He's trying and I honestly feel comfortable around him already.

"You have cute dimples," I tell him, his smile prominently displaying the feature. I lean down and kiss the little crater, making him laugh.

"Styles, you have turned into sap," his friend calls, making me laugh. Harry only flips him off and pulls me closer.

Class starts and I help Harry a little with the work, his hand set on my thigh while I help him. His gesture doesn't bother me considering it stays in one place, his thumb circling the top.

The professor dismisses us and Harry takes my books for me, his hand then grabbing mine.

"So will you come to the party with me tomorrow?" he asks, my head nodding.

"I like being with you," I tell him, his smile so bright.

"That's good to hear. I like you too, beautiful," he replies, my fingers tightening on his.

We get to my classroom and he spins me around to face him, his lips pressing a kiss to the tip of my nose this time.

"See you later," he grins, handing me my books. I go through class then walk home, my feet walking up to my door. I get inside and start doing homework, my fingers writing my assignments down. But I start to smell smoke. I worry and look at my door, seeing smoke coming through beneath the door. I grab my phone and dial 911, opening the door to see the hallway on fire. Quickly shutting it, I rush to my closet and grab my fire ladder, rushing to get out. I climb down and rush to the other side of the street.

People are surrounding us, the building on fire. I dial Harry's number but he doesn't pick up, my worry growing.

Fire trucks come and I stand by myself, crouching down on the curb with my hands over my face. I'm horrified I'll lose everything I own in the apartment. All my things, but luckily my aunt has most of my photos.

I start to cry, not knowing where I'm going to live after this. This was my first chance at being an adult and I am watching it literally go up in flames.