Lanas POV

After the man who said his name was Jose left me in an office I looked around. There wasn't much but enough to get info on. On her big dark wooden desk there was a name tag that said, Sargent Madisen A. Peterson
Madisen is Emilees middle name and Peterson was her last name before Fred and I adopted her. There was a couple pictures around one of who I presumed to be Emilee in her combat gear holding a big gun and wearing sunglasses, kneeling with a big black dog that was wearing a (what I think is) coast guard vest that had pockets on the side. Another was of Emilee she had her hair up in a bun. Her hair is darker. Then I looked at her eyes to see that they were a greenish color. Wow she went all out to change her appearance. If I didn't know any better then I would think that she was some one else. But I knew better. She was in basic uniform along side a tall dark man that had his arm rapped around her shoulders. Maybe that's her boyfriend?
I got up and went to a picture that was on the wall. It didn't have exactly a picture but a hospital record that said that she had gone through the surgery of removing.....bullets.......two from her right leg and one from her side.
My hands flew to my mouth as I fought back tears.
My daughter had been shot while on duty! And she went through recovery without some one! I thought to myself it was hard to keep them back now.
Just then the door to the office opened. I turned around expecting to see Emilee but instead saw Jose. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.
"Ms. She would like you to wait in a conference room for her. She will be up in about," he paused to think before continuing," about a half hour or so."he stated then looked at me. I quickly wiped my eyes.
"What is she doing?" I ask. He straightens his posture.
"She is in the middle of training an animal ma'm." He said guestering for me to follow him.
We left the room and went to a door. He glanced back to me and opened the door. I walk in and sat at a plush chair at the end closes to me.
"Is there anything more I can do for you today ma'm?" He asked and set his hands behind his back.
"No. Oh and thank you." I tell him. He nods then leaves closing the door behind him.
When I got bored a fished my phone out of my purse and dialed Jens number.
"Hello." She said her voice muffled so I guessed that she was eating.
"Hey! She is here Jen! We finally found her!" I said very excited.
"That's great! Do you want me to head out there? I can cancel my meeting!" She said with a clear voice.
"No Jen besides I need to do this alone. I don't think she'd talk to the both of us." I said slouching back into the chair.
"Okay well I'll let you go. Love you." She says with a hint of disappointment that I wouldn't let her come but I just waved it away.
"Love you too." I said then hung up.
___________________________
Emilees POV
I had finished Jacks training and had gone in the building a got Max from a my friend Taylor and had gone to my office. I peeked through the side window to see that it was empty. I went in and grabbed my coast back pack and walked out with Max walking at my side. I was so glad that I had her. She was my best friend. I went to the lot and let max in first then got in myself.
I huffed out the breath that I was holding and drove to the gate that Ace had opened for me. He saluted me then when my truck was out he closes it again.
This was going to be a long day.
___________________________
Lanas POV
About a half hour passed when the door opened again. I was on Twitter reading what my fans a posted. But quickly got up setting my phone down. It was a younger woman a little shorter than me she had blonde hair that was up in a bun.
"Ms. Parrilla right?" She asked I quickly nodded.
"Uh Sargent Peterson told the front desk that she was feeling under the whether and to show you out." She said pointing her thumb out the door.
"She's not going to meet with me?" I ask grabbing my purse.
"No not today she has an opening in her schedule in a bout two days if you'd like-" I interupted her.
"No that alright thanx anyways. Please lead the way." I said flinging my bag up my arm. Of course! Why did I think I could just walk in here and she would just come talk to me? Wait I told Jose- he told her. Men somedays. Clever the send to the other room so I can excape plan. Clever very clever.....