TWENTY-NINE; SUSPICION

GOAL: 15 COMMENTS

TWENTY-NINE; SUSPICION (S3E4)

~

"You left us," Rebekah said with a pout on her face as Stefan walked through the doors of Gloria's bar. Estella looked up from her Bourbon to watch her younger brother come in before she turned her attention to the working witch.

"Yeah, sorry. Retail therapy was making my head explode," Stefan remarked.

"Tell me about it," Estella muttered, drinking her Bourbon before she rested her head on Klaus' shoulder.

"What's she doing?" Stefan asked the three.

"She's failing," Klaus replied bitterly.

"It's hard to find something when you don't have anything to go on," Gloria retorted.

"Then use Rebekah. She only wore it for a thousand years," Estella drawled sarcastically.

"See? Now the smart one offers a solution," Gloria stated. Estella smirked and looked up Klaus. He rolled his eyes at her, sipping his drink. Rebekah strutted over to Gloria. "All right, give me your hand, sweetheart."

"She's, uh, she's looking for the necklace, huh?" Stefan asked Klaus.

Estella hummed in response, watching Gloria's movements. She muttered a few words in Latin before she spoke again, "I can sense something."

Estella took her head off Klaus' shoulder and sat up, more engrossed. Gloria continued to chant until she finally pulled away from Rebekah's hand. The blonde watched her intently, scanning the witch's face.

"I found it," she stated.

"So where is it?" Rebekah asked Gloria eagerly.

"It doesn't work like that, doll. I get images. There's a girl with her friends--"

"--Yes, a dead girl with dead friends, if I don't get my necklace back," Rebekah interrupted Gloria.

"Well, I'll have to dive back in to get the details," Gloria replied.

"So dive," Klaus ordered.

"I need more time." Klaus stood up and walked close over to Gloria. "And space. You're harshing my ju-ju." Estella narrowed her eyes at the witch; she was avoiding telling Klaus and Rebekah something about what she found out.

"We can wait," Klaus said.

"I'm sure you can. But that's not what I asked," Gloria snapped. Estella rolled her eyes and grabbed Klaus' arm, dragging him back.

"Give the witch her time and space. She'll tell you your information," Estella said to him. "Let's come back later. We're all getting hungry."

Klaus looked reluctant, making Estella sigh and bring her lips up to his ear. "I'll let you pick who we eat," Estella said in a quiet voice. She kissed his ear lightly before she walked away from him.

Stefan looked slightly disgusted with his sister, making Rebekah chuckle as she said, "You get used to it. Let's go eat."

~