Forty Five. Partners in Crime

A/N: Okay who is Aqueela Lawson and why does everybody keep mentioning Death? I feel like I'm on the outside of the inside joke y'all have going on 😩

@StrayLukes wrote this amazing poem for TBTD, and it actually kinda goes along with this chapter perfectly. It's absolutely lovely! Thank you, babe

But then the mask will soon break it will crumple
And that's when you realize
You can't hide forever
You can't show your true colors
You can't look at everyone or thing like your fine
When really your breaking
Your falling apart
Your just waiting for the right time
Or not just gonna tell at. All
Your waiting to find true love
Your waiting for the right part to tell them
Your waiting for someone to say it's ok
Demi And Aiden
Fixing each others problems
Demi and Aiden
Aiden And Demi
The Ballerina and The Devil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I raced down the steps, skipping every other one in the process, and came to an abrupt halt in front of the door. Unfortunately, my attempt to get there first failed miserably.

I groaned loudly when I saw my dad standing at the door with his hand on the knob.

"Dad," my voice automatically went up in a whine. "Please don't."

"Don't what? Answer the door of the house I own?" He asked. "The house I'm paying for?"

I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at his back.

"I saw that."

"No you didn't."

"I sensed that."

My eyes rolled once more as he pulled open the door.

With my emotions flickering between annoyance because of my dad to the panicky unease thanks to Kenzie's cutting words, I welcomed the warm feeling that made its way through every point of my body starting from my head and ending at my toes. It was amazing that just the mere sight of Aidan standing in that door frame could do that to me.

My eyes ran over his tall frame and took note that he has switched up his gray hoodie and dark athletic pants for a pair of jeans and a plain gray tee.

My heart fluttered at how handsome he was.

Aidan's eyes found me first, and then they shifted to my dad. His entire composure changed in almost an instant. He straightened up and cleared his throat, his eyes darting around nervously. I could just barely hold back my giggle of amusement.

I personally found it downright hilarious the way Aidan acted around my father. The very few chance run ins they happened to have, Aidan had displayed an anxious demeanor.

Aidan, the guy who showed the emotional capacity of a rock around almost everybody, was nervous. Not only was it completely laughable it was also kind of surprising. I had no idea why he would be nervous.

Well, okay, I did. My dad liked to play up the intimidating persona whenever he spoke to a guy I was going out with.

"Hello, Aidan," my dad said in the stern voice that was strictly reserved for boys that came to the door for me.