Chapter Nineteen

Sometime in the night, both Rian and I ended up falling asleep on my bed. I woke up in the morning to his legs flung over mine, and his drool on my pillow. For the first few moments of my groggy state, I just stared at Rian, admiring his sleeping face. No smugness, no smirks, just innocence.

            Then I remembered it was Saturday morning, and he was in my bed, in the girl's dorm, and the DA would be in at noon to do a room inspection. Eyes widening, I fumbled around for my phone, checking the time.

            It was ten minutes until noon.

            "Oh my God, wake up!" I cried, sitting up quickly and flinging off the covers.

            "No," Rian moaned, sinking his face further into the pillow.

            I slapped his bare back roughly, and Jesus, I was lucky I woke up when I did. If Jenny had walked in here while he was like that... I'd probably be sent home packing. She was a real bitch. "No, seriously, get up. Dorm inspections are in ten minutes."

            "So?"

            "So we'll get in trouble if Jenny finds you!" I snapped at him, now attempting to roll him off the bed. "Get up and get out!"

            Grumpily, Rian opened one of his eyes and glared up at me. "Lock your door or something."

            "She has keys! Get up!"

            "Alright, alright..."

            Knock knock.

            I froze. Shit.

            "Iris? Are you in there? Time for a dorm inspection."

            "Ah, yeah, just give me a moment to put on some pants," I made up quickly, giving Rian a panicked look. Where could I hide him? The closet? Jenny didn't usually look there. Under the bed? The bathroom? No, the closet would be the best. "Get in the closet," I hissed at Rian.

            Nodding, Rian slid out of my bed and across the room, slipping into the closet and shutting it quietly. I hastily made my bed, flipping over the pillow Rian slept on so she wouldn't see the drool stains. They were kind of gross. Then I bounded to the door and opened it, slapping on a polite smile. "Hi, Jenny."

            "Morning. Did you just wake up?" she responded, giving me a disapproving look. Jenny was a woman in her late thirties with dyed blonde hair that was beginning to grey. Sometimes she could be sweet, but most of the time she was no nonsense.

            "Yeah, you know, the dance was last night and all," I told her casually, shrugging.

            She pursed her lips, but didn't say anything else, stepping around me to enter my room. Fortunately, I kept it clean all the time, so there wasn't much she could complain about. Her eyes stayed on my crappily made up bed for a second longer than usual, but she didn't mention it. I was won of her favorites, or about as close as I could get to one. Meaning, I never snuck in any alcohol or pot.

            "Since when did you start wearing guy's shirts?" she asked, bending down to pick up a shirt off my floor.

            My heart skipped a beat. It was Rian's shirt. "Er, it's not mine. My brother's. Got mixed up in my laundry when I went home last weekend..."

            Jenny smiled at the mention of my brother. "How's he doing?"

            "Good," I told her, remembering she was one of his fans. "Excited about the new single with Gold." If I kept her distracted, she would leave without a full examination.