Chapter 15

Lydia’s POV

Harry lead us both back to our seats as people gape in adoration maybe thinking me and Harry have gotten back together.

 Just because we kissed, he took Declan’s place, I kissed him back, and all of that bullsh*t doesn’t mean we are back together. Do I admit that I feel some of the feelings I used to feel before our relationship crashed and burned? Yes and I am not ashamed to say it either.

 “How are you feeling?” I turned around to Harry who was being served his food but he didn’t pay attention as he pulled me out of thought, he said with a lot of concern and his eyes asked with curiosity.

 “I’m fine. Just…” my honest smile faded away as my honesty was slipping out the window when I couldn’t admit that I was over thinking in my own head. I look up to see the servers already giving me my meal.

 “…Just hungry” I finished and take the plate with generosity, Harry shrugged and picked up a piece of chicken with his fork and continued to chew.

 My stomach was still in knots after all the emotions cramming into me today so I don’t know why I even took the plate in the first place. I picked up my fork and started to pick at the food as I tried to tempt myself with the food right in front of me. It’s not like I don’t want to…it’s just there is so much going on and people keep gazing up every 10 seconds to catch a glimpse  of my every move. I feel watched and it is applying too much pressure to my already collapsing chest.

 “It’s not polite to play with your food!” Alex scared me half to death as he jumped out of nowhere in between me and Harry.

 “Jesus, Alex” Harry’s eyes widened as he put a hand on his chest and stared spooked at the young child.

 “Sorry” He giggled childishly, his cheeks flushing with a deeper red than they already always are and turned to me once again with his coffee brown eyes.

“Lydia” I respond with a hum and continue picking at the elegantly prepared meal.

“Why are you playing with your food? You haven’t even taken a bite” He pointed to my food and his muddy brown eyes gleamed like marbles. I smile at him and place the 8 year old on my lap, Harry noticed also and stared at me sternly now just noticing from a hint of a young child. I try to think for a short amount of seconds to try to sugar coat and bury my real reasons because I didn’t want them to surface up and fright the innocent with the mature truth.

 “Well you see, I was wondering if you wanted to eat with me so I wouldn’t feel lonely eating it all by myself” Cooing the words carefully to Alex as his face brightened from my proposition and he shuffled closer to me. I didn’t want Alex having memories of me struggling this way or just seeing me in any negative form at all in his life, I want to be his role model, to set a perfect example for him to follow in. To remember his sister greatly and to cherish her every doing in her whole life, but soon he will learn my cons of my life instead of just absorbing the existence of my positive pros.

 I moved the messy brown hair from his face to see every angle of him, he looked just like my stepfather, his biological father. Warm, sassy, happy, and always positive.

 “Harry doesn’t mind does he?” I turned to Harry who looks at us with a dazed expression. I smiled big as Alex gave Harry a threatening glare and Harry just returned the same look to the child playfully but with a ugly tight frown growling showing his teeth, Alex stuck his tongue out and blew a wet raspberry in his face and Harry wiped his face in terror.

 “Fine.”  Harry grumbled in defeat and slouched in his chair trying to make Alex feel superior. Harry was so great with young kids…one day he will be the father of many children and a loving husband to a woman able to give him all of that..