All Is Well

Danielle's POV:

It was the first basketball game and we were all excited! The gym had quickly started to fill up as we waited for the band to start playing. I looked at Ronni who had a nervous look on his face.

" What's the matter? " I questioned.

" Something just don't feel right. " he confessed. We know what happened last time we felt like this.

" Well, what is it? "

" I don't know. I guess we'll have to see. " he turned back around.

The band started to play Neck and I could tell that everybody was about to get hype. Ronni gave us the signal, telling us that we were doing singles, so this should be good. He got up and slayed his eight count, and then it was one to me. Every one on the team took their turns, hitting every beat and killing every count. I could tell that Ms. B was excited.

There was a break while the boys rushed onto the floor. Paris looked up at us and waved, blowing a kiss at Ronni, who blushed. Simultaneously, Aaliyah and I looked to our lefts, catching sight of Devin.

" I know what you were talking about, now. " Aaliyah tapped him and he looked. He just shook his head.

The game was pretty intense, and the stands were also. We basically got called out, and I'm glad we did. I guarantee that people know who we are after this game. Our boys ended up winning as well, so what a great night after all.

We met outside the gym, waiting on Paris. He came out and smiled at Ronni, running over to him and picking him up.

" So, this is a thing? " I asked.

" Yeah, you can say that. " Paris smiled.

" Now I gotta' find me a man. " Aaliyah mumbled.

" Girl, you know I can....... "

" Hell no. " Ronni interrupted me. " Whatever you do, don't let Danielle hook you up with anybody. "

" Todd don't think so, hoe. " I mumbled.

" Three o'clock, bitch, three o' clock. " Aaliyah warned.

" Wh.........here we go. " Ronni sighed, rolling his eyes.

" Didn't come over here for any beef, just came to speak. " Devin stated. I could tell Ronni's heart went soft because he turned around.

" Hello, sir? How are you? " I asked, being fakishly friendly.

" I'm good, what about you? " he replied.

" Devin, what do you want? " Ronni intruded.

" I really just came to speak. " he chuckled. " And to also compliment you guys. Y'all did an amazing job. "

" Thank you. " Ronni replied. " You feeling any better? "

" Yeah, much. " Devin smiled.

Aaliyah's POV:

Just then, Megan walked over with her father.

" Hey, Devin, nice to see you? " Dr. Jamison shook his hand.

" Wassup? " Devin replied.

" Ronni, how you been? " he asked. I looked over at Ronni, who looked like he had just saw a ghost.

" I've been good. " he replied, dryly.

" Ronni, how do you know him? " Devin asked.

" He's a good friend of my dads. " Ronni chuckled, nervously.

They started to walk away, but I knew there was more to the story. Things just weren't adding up!

" Baby, why were you looking like that? Did he say anything to you? Megan? " Paris inquired. I knew that it was about to go down. Tears started to roll down Ronni's face and Paris stormed off. " Uncle Jamison, did you say anything to Ronni? " he shook his head and Megan did the same. " Ronni, why are you crying? "

" He may just be tired you know, he should get some rest. " Dr. Jamison suggested. Paris side eyed him, and looked back at Ronni.

" Why are you crying? " he asked in a more stern tone.

" H-He raped me. "

" What? " a female voice spoke. I turned around and noticed that it was Ronni's mother. " Did you just say that he raped you? "

" Come on now, Ronni, you're going too far now. " Megan became impatient.

" No, Ronni wouldn't lie about anything of that sort. Jamison, what did you do? " Ronni's father stepped foward. Danielle and I just watched in shock.

" Dr. Jamison, not only have I lost all respect for you, but Im about a few seconds from beating your ass. " Devin growled. Megan quickly walked over to him, trying to calm him down.

" One more time, I will ask you. Did you or did you not lay hands on my son? " his mother asked.

" I'm sorry. Megan, let's go! " Dr. Jamison demanded.

We were all pissed at this point, including Megan. Paris, along with Danielle and I held onto Ronni. Megan was still holding Devin back, but that wasn't who needed to be held. Before I knew it, Ronni's father had pounced on Dr. Jamison and was going to town. The police quickly ran over to the fight, breaking it up and demanding that everyone go home. Everyone walked away, except for Megan. She cried, and even though we werent on the best terms, I would always be there for her.

" What is going on, why is this boy the root of all my problems? " she cried.

" Megan, lets go! " Dr. Jamison yelled.

" No, Im sick of your shit! Why and how could you? That is a young man, and right now, I have no respect for you! Mom must've been right, telling me the things that she told me about you! " she rushed into the street.

" Megan, stop! "

" You are the most selfish, rude......" She was interrupted by a car hitting her.