Protecting our cubs.

Klaus P.O.V

After the meeting in the kitchen, I left in a hurry as I wanted to go look in on the little wolves making sure that they are safe and sound and haven't been taken by some crazy witch. I walked down the corridor which led to their room and opened the door to find them all a sleep in their cribs. Arabella looking like an angel as she slept and Lucas has his arm wrapped around his teddy making sure he doesn't suddenly disappear and Nicholas's little fingers were fiddling with the end of the his blanket as he slept. 

I smiled at my little wolves and walked away from their cribs and sat in the rocking chair in the corner of the room. Their little heartbeats and steady breaths making me calm down and forgetting all the madness that are outside of these four walls. What matters right now is that my little wolves are safe and the woman I love is safe and that I don't lose them as I'll be alone just like my mother wants, what she has planned and tried but failed for 1000 years. 

I looked away from the cribs for a moment and looked at the photo which was on the shelf next to me. It was a picture of me and Alexandria on the day of our engagement, the triplets were sat on our laps grinning towards the camera while me and Alex were staring at each with so much love. I've never felt this way about anyone, I've been around for 1000 years and there have been a handful of women but none who really understood me or looked at me with so much love and fondness as Alexandria does. I turned away from the picture with a smile on my face, I looked towards the door way as a figure was leant against the door frame.

'' Brother.'' I said in a soft tone, trying not to wake little ones up.

'' Niklaus.'' Elijah said as he stepped into the nursery.

'' What can I do for you ?'' I questioned as he sat in the other chair beside me.

'' Nothing, I just wanted to say that I'm proud of you. Proud of what you've become.'' He answered a hint of happiness in his voice.

'' Thank you brother.'' I said as I patted his back.

'' Alexandria is the light to your darkness.''  Elijah said, I chuckled.

'' I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. I love her Elijah.'' I told him, he nodded and stood up just as Alexandria walked in, her hair tied into a messy bun, makeup free and in her a pair of my sweatpants and one of my t-shirts, I smiled at the angel in front of me. 

'' Hey.'' She whispered.  Elijah nodded and left the room. I pulled her onto my lap and she giggled quietly.

'' I love you.'' I told her.

'' I love you too.'' She answered. 

Now I just need to defeat my mother and I can have the life I've always wanted. I can be king, I'll have my queen and my little wolves and let's not forget about family.

Always and Forever.

-------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think ?

One more chapter and then the fight begins.

What do you guys think of Elijah and Klaus's moment ?