Part 13: Falling

Since Xander had driven me to and from school yesterday, my car was still in the school parking lot. I hadn't planned on going out tonight anyway so I had figured that Xander could drive me to school tomorrow and I could drive my car home after.

So I texted Ryker back.

No.

Not even a second later, my phone buzzed.

Please.

What the hell? Ryker never says please, especially to me. Something was wrong. I quickly texted back.

I don't have my car. What's wrong?

I waited, staring intently on the screen for him to text back. I must have sat for at least ten minutes just looking at the screen that never lit up with a text. Ryker wasn't responding.

I busied myself by going on YouTube and tried not to think about Ryker. Nothing was wrong, right? I unconsciously searched up Two-Strings and was blasting a video of them performing before I realized what I was doing. The music pounded through my room and I didn't care if it was bothering mom.

Ryker had a sleeveless, black jacket on with the usual faux mohawk that was long in the front, covering one of his electric blue eyes. He bellowed out a song called, "All's Fair in Love and Hate". It seemed to describe our relationship perfectly.

A loud noise banged against my window. I dismissed it as one of the tree branches and turned up the music even louder. I drummed my fingers on my desk as I clicked on a bunch of their songs. 

The banging came again. It almost sounded urgent. Which was strange considering tree branches weren't alive. I pushed out of my comfy computer chair and strode to the window. Pushing back the curtains, I strained to see outside in the darkness. I put my face right up against the glass to see more clearly.

Two blue eyes burst through the darkness. I scrambled backwards, falling flat on my ass. Ryker rolled his eyes then motioned at the window for me to let him in. I climbed back up to my feet and heaved the window open.

"What are you doing-" I whisper shouted. Ryker held up a hand and pressed his finger against my lips. He tilted his head as if he were listening for something.

"You have good taste in music. And by the way, Hannah dropped off some papers that I had missed today. I realized that I missed kissing her so we got back back together. You and I are history," he finally said, smirking.

I smacked his hand off my mouth and darted over to my laptop. I pressed pause on the video and Two-Strings abruptly cut off.

With my back still to him, I said, "We were never together. I'd rather have had you tell everyone about what had happened between me and Finn than have to be your girlfriend. You can go suck Hannah's face for all I care, just don't involve me anymore."

I turned back around and almost fell for the second time in a matter of minutes. Ryker was standing right in front of me. We were almost touching. Wind from the open window blew the curtains out wards. I took a step back so I was trapped between my desk and Ryker. He leaned forward, blocking any sort of escape I could have had by leaning his arms against the desk on both sides of me. He flicked his lip piercing with his tongue, drawing my gaze to his lips. He leaned closer and I squeezed my eyes shut.