-14-

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHASE OF THE WHITE WOLF

CHAPTER FOURTEEN CHASE OF THE WHITE WOLF

Jesse's P.O.V.

"So what you think of the new members," Gus asked me as he poked at the campfire.

I shrugged my shoulders. My mind was too busy trying to figure out why would this family want to join our pack when they denied our offers in the past.

"Their mother is a descendant of the Superior Pack," Gus went on to say as he continues to poke at the flames "I wonder what the legends say is true about that pack."

"I wonder if their daughters inherited any traits from that pack, it is not every day you get descendants from the Superior Pack."

Descendants of the Superior Pack were like finding a needle in a haystack. Since the destruction of their pack, they stay in hiding. Even the ones who are within a new pack keep their real identity secret.

"Well, they will be the center of attention."

"No, they won't!" Jena crossed her arms across her chest, "Those girls don't have nothing!"

I could tell she was getting jealous of the sudden attention from our new members. She wasn't one that likes to share the spotlight and wanted it all for herself. For some reason, I'm attracted to bad bitchy type girls and the sex with her not all that bad.

"Jena shut up," groaned Kyle. He was my closest friend, and would be my Beta when I become Alpha. "You're just mad because they are going to get more attention then you at school since Superior Pack blood runs through their blood."

"I don't get jealous," I watch as she made her way over to Kyle, "I make people jealous over me."

"What about the guys?" Susi questioned, she was the silent one out of all of us, but she still liked having a good time, "Do they have any gifts?"

"No, the Superior Pack is through the female line," I told her. There wasn't much known about that pack since it been years that it been destroyed "maybe we will get lucky and see something interesting from them."

We went on to talk about school and all the homework we have to do. We all were missing summer vacation and the freedom we had.

I was looking at the lake, seeing the reflection of the moon dancing on the water. I stood up when something in the forest across the lake caught my attention, something white. It was too large to be an animal, and there nothing in this area that big.

A thick fog began to pour out from the forest on the other side of the lake. The ghostly-like fog rolled out on to the water, creeping its way over. There was something about this fog that sent a cold chill down my spine. I could tell it wasn't happening naturally, but something supernatural was doing it. The fog covered half of the lake before stopping.