twenty one

did i hear him correctly?

"what?" i question, shocked and breathless.

he frowns, "nova, don't make me repeat it."

i slightly smile, "no, i want to hear you say it again." i tease.

"i love you." he sighs, slouching his shoulders.

when he does, i can't control myself. i sling my arms around his neck and he catches me, stumbling back a little, obviously caught off guard. i grab his face in my hands and his eyes flickers back and forth on mine.

he stares at me impassively, waiting for me to speak up. i had no idea that he'd be the first one to say those words. well, be saying them in the first place.

"i love you too." i tell him, showering his face with kisses.

his muscles relax from under me and he buoyantly laughs, lifting my feet from the ground, swinging me in a circle.

"i love you." i repeat and he grins from ear to ear.

it's not too soon to be saying those words right? it might be, but it isn't hard to fall for someone like jack.

"i was scared on how you were going to react." he truthfully confesses. "i had a mini heart attack when you just looked back at me expressionless."

right now, it's just us. no cara interrupting, no sam barging in, and no snarky comments from jack.

"i was just shocked."

"yeah." he laughs a little. "i could tell."

without saying another word, i connect our lips together passionately and he responds automatically, kissing me back with just as much force. he pulls away for a brief second.

"god, i still have to catch my breath from being so nervous."

i raise an eyebrow, "you have nothing to be nervous about."

"right." he smiles. "because the girl i love, loves me back."

i kiss him again, "yes, she does very much." i mumble against his lips.

he pulls away again, making me frown.

"is this where we get to love making?" he wiggles his eyebrows.

i bite my bottom lip and smile widely at him. he swoops me into his arms and takes me effortlessly into his bedroom. jack slips my shirt off of me before helping me lay down on the bed.

he kisses the soft skin of my stomach, murmuring, "you're so perfect."

my fingers lace into his hair, tugging at the roots and i squirm from beneath him. he looks up at me through his dark eyelashes and then flicks his tongue over my skin. my eyes flutter closed from the immense, erotic pleasure that's about to take over me.

*

the next day, jack and i both smile like love struck dummies. i mean, i don't think either of us have stopped smiling today. i barely paid attention to any lessons in class this morning.

jack saying he loved me just kept on replaying in my mind. i sound like i'm whipped. oh god, i am not whipped.

"are you guys okay?" sam asks us skeptically, while sitting at a table with us.

jack smiles down at me, "yes, why?"

"i went to get food and i've noticed that you guys haven't stopped smiling at each other." he replies. "it's weird, stop it, you freaks."

"well, first, that's a little creepy that you were watching us, you're the freak, and two, we have a very good reason for being happy." i say.

his eyes widen and he slams his tray onto the table, making me jump in my seat. other people around us turn to see what that was.

"don't tell me you're pregnant or engaged or-"

"in love." jack grins, finishing for him.

sam's eyes widen even more, if that were even possible, "no!" he gasps.

i nod, "be jealous of our relationship." i flash him a proud smile.

sam scoffs, sitting down, "never."

jack rolls his eyes and steals the muffin from his tray. sam is about to protest, but a lady from another table just glared at him. i try to stifle my laugh as he resolves his composure.

"that muffin cost me $2.25. pay up." sam grits through his teeth to jack.

jack just grins, enjoying the muffin, "you always eat the food at my house."

i mentally shake my head in disapproval. jack breaks a piece from the muffin and offers it to me. i open my mouth and he feeds me.

sam groans, "you guys are so annoying. please don't become one of those couples."

"this is just the honeymoon stage." i snap at him.

"wrong. it's always going to be like this." jack interferes, attempting to correct me.

"you guys are fucking disgusting. the next time i see you, you better not have a ring or anything on." sam says.

"okay, sam." i laugh as he stabs his fork into his food.

"i want to host another party at my place." he mumbles with a mouthful of food.

jack scrunches his nose up in disgust and he looks adorable while doing so. he looks adorable doing anything.

"isn't johnson tired of you throwing parties?" i question.

sam nods, "but who pays more of the rent?" he raises an eyebrow, smirking a bit.

"probably johnson." jack answers.

"true." sam says. "i just want to party while i'm young and can still erect."

jack chokes momentarily on his muffin, "sam, either lower your voice or shut the fuck up."

"why?" he asks. "i want the ladies to know that i'm single." he winks at a pair of girls walking past us.

*

"baby, my friends are coming over." jack informs me as i flip through channels.

i shrug, munching on a bag of pretzels, "okay."

he hesitates before replying, "which means i'm going to need the living room."

i turn my head to face him and he's biting his bottom lip. i narrow my eyes at him and wisely decide not to argue with him.

"alright." i say, beginning to get up from the couch.

"not now." he rushes. "when they come."

"might as well just get comfy in bed now."

"no." he stops me and my eyebrows pull together in confusion. "i want you to stay with me until they come."

"you're acting like a dick." i huff. "but fine."

i sit my butt back down on the couch and he sits next to me, starting to cuddle closer.

"you're smelly." jack comments and i know he's joking.

he just loves to get on my last nerve.

"you're single."

"i was kidding."

"i wasn't."

when i say that, he looks up at me, pouting and purposely making his lips tremble as if he's about to cry.

"you're annoying." i tell him.

his pout turns into a brilliant, award winning smile, "i love you too."

suddenly, there's a knock on the door and jack immediately gets up to fetch it. i also stand from the couch about to make my way into the room, but i freeze, once i hear the voice.

"is nova here?"

{vote, comment, share}

WHO COULD DAT BE

n read my other ongoing book gold digger (shameless promo)