Chapter 1

Kiara:
"You know that as a princess you should be doing whats best for your country" mother repeated for the hundredth time.

"I know mum you said that like a hundred times already" I stated giggling slightly.

"I know I'm just nervous, this ball is very important" mother said as I put on my earrings, they were diamond earrings, and though I don't really remember how I ended up getting or having them, they still were the closest to my heart.

"Do you have to wear that?" Mother said crossing her arms, for some reason they were one of the very few jewels I had that my mother disliked, and they all had the same case of me not remembering how or when I got them, all I knew was that I loved them dearly.

"Yes mum, I already told you will" I sighed looking at her from the mirror.

"My only princess daughter acts nothing like a princess" mother said angrily, she never liked me looking at her from the mirror.

"Fine, Let the people come and I'll be wearing sweat pants and have my sword in my hand and arrow set on my back" I said a little harshly turning to face her.

"Mind your limits young lady" mother snapped.

"Sometimes I think you wish that I wasn't born" I said angrily as I walked into my walk in closet.

"Kiara don't think that way" mother said gently standing behind me as I looked through my dresses.

She turned me to face her gently "you know that I love you" mother said and I sighed and hugged her.

"I know, just sometimes it doesn't feel that way" I whispered the last part after I turned away and looked into my closet for something to wear.

"What are you gonna wear?" She asked, I was going through the my dresses, I did have a dress in mind, I just needed to locate it.

"I don't know I was thinking a short dress" I said my eye catching the dress I had in mind.

"Just don't go too short love you know it's a ball, plus you know how you father feels about it" mother said and I could feel the tension in her voice but, I didn't really pay much attention to it and kept looking at my clothes in case I decided to change my mind.

"I'll leave you to it then" mother said "the guests will be arriving at seven which is in three hours, be ready by then"

"Yes mother" I said turning to face her, I walked out of the closet with her to my bedroom and she walked to the door and the two maids who were standing by the door, they were assigned to constantly be with me in case I needed anything, they both opened the two doors and mother walked out leaving me to get ready.

"Madeline please get me the silk black knee long dress" I said going to my mirror and sitting down on the chair "Analise call Antonio and Maria" I said requesting my hair dresser and makeup artist.

"Yes princess"

Madeline brought the dress out for me and I smiled in approval, she hung it up on the hanger and in a few minutes both Antonio and Maria arrived.

"Well then time to get ready"