Chapter 20- You're Killing Us

I opened the door and the overwhelming stench of death made me gage. I cover my mouth and nose and Daryl pushed me forward.

I looked behind me to see Taylor puking, Shane holding her hair back before gently moving her forwards. I frowned at him and Daryl gave me another push, making me forget about the two.

I ran behind majority of the group, Jason beside me and Daryl behind me. Jason linked his arm with mine, dragging me closer protectively while Daryl pushed me along gently.

The scent was horrid, reeking of dead and rotted flesh. I covered my nose while Daryl continued to push me from behind.

After running through the obstacle course of bodies, we finally got to the building, no signs of life at all.

I took my swords out and breathed through my mouth, trying not to breath in the terrible scent.

Rick slammed on the large metal door and I scanned the area around for walkers.

"Walkers!" Daryl yelled.

I turned and looked at Daryl. He was shooting arrows at the walkers that were coming back to life around us. I went to his side and stabbed any walkers that got to close to him.

I turned my head to see Sophia and Carl crying into their mothers chests. Rick slammed on the door again, yelling at a camera. Shane was trying to pull him back, and calm him down.

I turned back to Daryl, most of the walkers were dead or were too far away at the moment to take care of. "Where are we going to go?" Carol panicked.

"We can't be this close to the city at dark." I shouted.

"She's right! Rick, you have to make a decision." Lori yelled to Shane and Rick.

Shane grabbed Rick's collar and started to pull him away. "YOU'RE KILLING US!" Rick screamed at the camera.

"NOBODY'S HERE RICK!" Shane screamed back at Rick.

Rick shook his head at Shane. "THEY'RE HERE! WE HAVE WOMEN, CHILDREN. PLEASE."
Rick began to beg.

Jason grabbed my arm and began to pull me towards the vehicles, Taylor by his side. A high pitched squealing sound came from behind us.

I turned around to see a bright, white light shining from the metal door way. Everyone stopped moving and turned to the light.

Rick raced inside and the rest of the group followed. I ripped my arm away from Jason's grip and ran into the light with them.

It took a moment for my eyes to adjust, but when they did the group stood a head of me. An awkward looking doctor stood at the front of the room, a nice looking gun in his hands.

"Anyone bit?" The doctor yelled.

I looked at Rick, waiting for him to speak up. "One of our group was, he didn't make it."

The doctor paused for a moment staring at us all. "You all take a blood test, that's the price of admission." The doctor yelled back at Rick.

Rick looked around at us, his eyes darted back to the doctor. "We can do that."