Chapter 21- Old Fears

Daryl and Rick held my arms down, and Glenn pinned my legs. The doctor tied something around my upper arm.

I screamed and flailed, trying to get away from the irritating object. Tears streamed down my face as Lori tried to comfort me. Jenner slid the needle into my arm and I felt it throbbing, cutting deep into my skin. I cried out and waited for the pain to end. After a few more moments of agony Jenner slipped the needle out.

"That wasn't so bad was it?" He asked kindly.

I scowled and rubbed my arm. "Needles are my worst nightmare, I'm not kidding."

Jenner frowned and set my blood sample with the rest. Everyone gave me weird looks as I walked back over to Taylor and Jason.

I sat in my chair and pouted. I've had a fear of needles ever since I was little. I shivered as I recalled the memory.

I was only a little kid when I got lost in my home city, I had wandered into the bad part of the town, with the drug addicts and alcoholics. A man that still haunts my dreams offered to take me home. I took the offer and we drove for a bit. He brought me to his house and gave me a needle. One filled with toxins. It stunned my body and I felt as if I was going crazy. I didn't remember much after that, just the fact that I woke up in a hospital, my father holding my hand as he fought back tears.

I shivered and snapped back to reality. Jason and Taylor were the only people that knew my secret, and it was going to stay that way.

I brought my knees up to my chest, hugging them close. Taylor pulled a needle out and grabbed some insulin.

She quickly stuck the needle in and out, effortlessly. I cringed and looked to Jason. He half smiled and put an arm around my shoulder. He pulled me into a hug and I buried my face in his chest.

He smelt like home, and sweat. A gross, but nice scent. "Whoa, are you okay?" Jenner asked.

I looked up at Jenner to see Jacque helping Andrea back to her chair. "She hasn't eaten in days, none of us have."

Andrea sat down quickly, she rubbed her head and Jacque squeezed her shoulder. I turned my face back into Jason's chest.

"I think I can fix that." Jenner grunted. I heard some shuffling and looked back towards Jenner.

He was moving towards the door. Andrea and Jacque hot on his heels. Jason helped me up and Taylor took my arm. I noticed a few bottles of insulin lying on a shelf and quickly grabbed them before I stuffed them into my bag.

We walked to an elevator and everyone pilled in. Jenner pressed a button and the elevator moved down.

I was smushed between Dale and Daryl, both gave off a very large and distinct body odor.

"Do doctors always go round packin' heat like that?" Daryl questioned Jenner.

Jenner laughed. "No but there were enough laying around that I familiarized myself."

I let out a chuckle and Jenner began talking again, but I couldn't focus in on their conversations. All I could think about was the dead corpses laying outside of the CDC. Had they all tried to get in as well, but no one opened the doors?

Jenner had said something to make Carl laugh, and I couldn't help but smile when children laughed. Sophia and Carl were so sweet and innocent, I would hate to see them become a walking corpse. The elevator dinged and the doors slid open.

Everyone pilled out and walked down the hallway. It opened up into a large room.

Stoves, tables, fridges and other kitchen items surrounded the floor. For the first time in weeks, I would finally have a proper meal.