⎡32⎦

Christmas break came and left and the snow slowly began to melt. Hermione came over to the Mansion during the break and showed me this Muggle Christmas song I can't get out of my head. 

"Last Christmas, I gave you my heart, But the very next day, you gave it away. This year, To save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special." I sang quietly as Harry, Ron, Hermione and I walked to Hagrid's.

"Beautiful day!" Hermione said.

"Gorgeous." Ron replied. "Unless of course you've been ripped to pieces!"

"Ripped to pieces?" Harry asked. "What are you talking about?"

"Ronald has lost his rat." I told him before going back to my singing.

"I haven't lost anything! Hermione's cat Crookshanks killed him!" Ron retorted. I just shrugged.

"Rubbish." Hermione replied.

"Harry, you've seen that blood-thirsty beast of hers is always lurking about. And Scabbers is gone." Ron said to Harry.

"Well, maybe you should learn how to take better care of your pets." Hermione said. 

"Your cat killed him!" Ron exclaimed. I sighed at my feeding friends.

"Did not!"

"Did"

"Didn't"

We found Hagrid skipping rocks into the black lake.

"How'd it go Hagrid? The hearing?" I asked.

"Well, first off, the committee members took turns, talking about why we were there." Hagrid threw the rock. "Then I got up and did my piece. Said how Buckbeak was a good hippogriff. Always clean his feathers. And then," He sighed playing with the next rock. "Lucius Malfoy got up. Well, you can imagine he said. Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature who will kill ya as soon as look at ya." He threw his rock.

"And then?" Hermione asked.

"And then he asked for the worse did ol' Lucius."

"There not sacking you," Ron said unsurely.

"Oh, I'm not sacked." Hagrid threw this rock really hard. "Buckbeak's been sentenced to death!" he exclaimed with tears. Hagrid dropped his last rock. We all stood there at the shore stunned.

. . .

The next morning when I went down to breakfast Draco was sitting next to Pansy who seemed oddly close to him. They're shoulders were touching each other's. I ignored them as I sat down and ate some toast. When I finished my breakfast I walked towards the Divination room. I sat down where I normally sit. With the Ravenclaw girl who told me, her name was Alice. On the tables, I saw Crystal balls which I assumed we had to look into. I sat down as people began to trickle in. When everyone was seated, Trelawney started,

"Broaden your minds! You must look beyond the art of Crystal gazing is in the clearing of the Inner Eye. Only then can you see!" I rested my head on my hand purely bored as Rebecca was staring at the ball with no interest.

"Try again," she said to a certain pair.

"Now, what do we have here?" Trelawney asked Harry and Ron who rushed to sit up and fix their robes from their sloppy position. "Hmmm?" she peered into the ball.

"Oh um, do you mind me trying?" Hermione asked.

"Ah!" Trelawney said happily.

Hermione breathed in. "The Grim." Trelawney looked at her. "Possibly."

Trelawney came closer to her. "My dear, from the moment you stepped foot in my class," She picked up Hermione's hand and scanned it. "I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit for the noble art of Divination." She pointed to a part of Hermione's palm.

"There you see? There. You may be young in years, but the heart that beats beneath your bosom is as shriveled as an old maid's, your soul as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave." Trelawney closed Hermione's palm and tapped it. Hermione pulled her hand away and grabbed her bag. She stood up and knocked the Crystal ball off the stand and onto the floor. Hermione walked out of the classroom without a word.

"Have I said something?" Trelawney asked Harry. Yeah, lady. You told her she was a piece of shit.

When class ended Harry, Ron and I walked down the stairs to our next class.

"She's gone mental, Hermione has. I mean not that she wasn't always mental. But that was out in the open for everyone to see." Ron said.

"Ronald. You do not say absolutely horrific things about your friend. You should know tha- WHOA!" I exclaimed as I fell onto my butt. I tripped on something round. It was the Crystal ball that rolled out when Hermione left. Harry helped me up.

"We better take this back." he said picking up the ball.

"I'm not going back." Ron and I said together.

"Fine. See you later." He said to us going back up the stairs. I had a bad feeling when Harry went back up the stairs. But I didn't know what.