Chapter 9

The One With Princeton

(This is kind of a filler chapter I'm sorry lmao don't worry I have a plan)

Lafayette's POV

"What do you think happened?" Said Peggy, as she paced around the room.

"I don't know." I said shrugging. I was still sad about the breakup, but more concerned about him. There was a knock at the door.

"Oh shit it's him." Said Hercules. "He's not going to knock on the door for his own room, dumbass." Said Angelica as she opened it.

Angelica's POV

I opened the door cautiously, expecting it to be a crying Hamilton, but it was a letter. I picked it up.

"Uh, guys it's a letter... From... New Jersey?" I sat down. "Did you guys hear that everything is legal there?" Said Eliza.

"It has an official seal... Should we open it?" I said. "That's illegal!" Said Peggy.

Lafayette smirked. "Everything is legal in New Jersery." He said, and then ripped it open.

"Dear Alexander Hamilton. We are elated to announce that you have been accepted into..." He set the letter down.

"Princeton University." I nearly did a spit-take.          

"Princeton?!" We all shouted, and  I grabbed the letter.

"Due to your age of 17, we could not get back to you until your 18th birthday on December 7th?! You will be able to join us after winter break?" I read.

"He never told us that he was 17!" yelled Hercules. "Or that his birthday was last week!" Said Eliza.

John and Alexander walked through the door. "Hey guys, what did I miss? Sorry, just some petty family stuff." Said Alex, as he took a seat.

I panicked, and crumpled up the letter and threw it outside. "Nothing!" Shouted Peggy. What did I just do?

"Okay, then... Well I have to go to economics so I'll see you guys later?" He said, and then walked out the door.

As soon as he left, Lafayette shouted. "What did you just do?!" "I panicked!" I said. "You literally threw his acceptance letter out the window!" Shouted Peggy, and then she face palmed.

"Uh... What's going on here?" Said John, sitting down. "Well your boyfriend got an acceptance letter to one of the most prestigious schools in the country, and Angie threw it out the window. Literally." said Mulligan.

"Wait, you threw it out the window? What school?" Said John, his hands shaking. "Princeton, and I didn't mean to! I didn't want him to know we read it and I panicked!"

"You read his mail?!" "You know what, let's all just go outside and look for it, okay?"

~3 hours later~

I laid on the cold ground in defeat. We searched everywhere around the campus for it, and it was nowhere to be found. John and soon the rest of the group joined me.

"Do you think he's going to be mad?" I sighed. "As mad as you when Donald Trump comes on." said everyone but John. I put my hands on my face.

"Hey John, you okay? You're kinda quiet over there." said Mulligan. "Do you guys think he's actually going to go there? I mean... It's like 4 hours away." Said John.

We were all silent. "I... I don't know." said Eliza.

"Hey guys... Are you okay?" Said a familiar voice. "Alex?!" I said, sitting up.

"Yeah, you guys are...just kinda staring at the sky. What happened?" I sighed.

"Alex, I'm so sorry. I went through your mail, and I found a letter of acceptance from Princeton, and then you walked in and I panicked, and I threw it out the window, and I well... WE looked for it, We really did, and it's my fault but they helped and... We couldn't find it. I'm sorry I threw away your shot at Princeton."

Alex snorted. "It's okay. That school has been bugging me since my... Uh... 20th birthday. I told them that I'm staying here! They just can't quit!" He said, and I immediately face palmed while the rest of us groaned.

"Oh. My. God." Said Lafayette.

He helped us up. "Sorry you went through all of the trouble. I have to study but... See you later?" We nodded and he walked to his room.

"Hey Alex?" I shouted. "Yeah?" He said, turning around. We know that you're only 18." I said smirking. He cursed under his breath.

"Damnit..." "You're even younger than me!" Peggy teased. "But you're smart enough to get here early so it's cool. Have fun studying!" I said, skipping away.