32

"Riley you need to calm down-"

"Calm down." I interrupted with a bite in my tone. I scrunched my fists together and dived for Bonnie.

I don't know why I did that, or even remember how my hands ended up around her neck. All I remembered was rage and a lot of heartache.

"Bring him back, Bonnie!" I yelled, glaring hard at her. "Bring Kai back!"

"Riley!" Elena cried, noticing that Bonnie's breaths were going short. However, I didn't care and in fact I pressed my hands harder onto her windpipes.

"Riley, stop it." I felt Damon's hand on my shoulder but I flicked my wrist, sending him and Elena across the room.

I glared down at Bonnie, her hands crawling on mine. "Bring him back."

"Riley." She squeaked out, her eyelids falling down. "Please."

I inhaled sharply and moved my hands away, releasing her windpipes so oxygen could enter. I rested back on my knees and stared at Bonnie.

"Bonnie, are you okay?" Elena asked, rushing over to her side. She sent me a glare and I broke her neck with a flick of my hand.

"Riley, you need to control-"

"Bring him back." I told Bonnie, interrupting Damon, who I had also walked over, kneeling beside Bonnie and Elena.

Bonnie gasped and coughed, her hands on her throat. "I can't Riley."

I frowned. "What does that mean?"

"He's a psycho Riley, it was a good thing that he's gone."

I resisted the urge to break Bonnie's neck. "Kai wasn't a psycho, he was my friend and my boyfriend." I corrected, rising up to my feet. "He risked his own life, saving you before you killed yourself." I spat. Bonnie looked down. "And what did you do?"

"Riley, you need to realise-"

"You left him to die alone in a prison world." I yelled, my voice cracking at the end. I blinked away the tears that wanted to form and shook my head. "Bring him back Bonnie." Is all I said before I left the house.

++++

"He's escaped one prison world, he can do it again." Liv reassured me with a supportive smile.

I hummed. "He better, because I've tried so many times and I can't conjure the prison world like Bonnie did."

"I would offer to help but my powers haven't been the same since Luke."

I sighed and glanced at her while I laid on her roommate's bed. "How did you make it through, without him?"

Liv sighed with a shrug. "It wasn't easy Riley." She told me. "I remembered that I cried a lot and spent days alone in my room."

"When did it get easier?"

Liv shrugged again. "After a few weeks, it takes time Riley."

I huffed, it had been a week without Kai. I didn't know what to do with myself most days and I just hoped that Kai would figure something out.

"Have you spoken to Bonnie?"

I shook my head. "She's tried to speak to me many times but I can't speak to her." I replied. "You didn't see him Liv."