Prologue: the birth of the Ghost

~~~~~~10 years ago~~~~~~
Riley's POV

Daddy was about to leave for his work again. I always missed him but I understood he had to so he could keep me and mommy safe. Daddy isn't around a lot but he is my hero, I want to be just like him when I grow up. His name is Clint Barton, he works as an agent at this S.H.I.E.L.D. thing and he fights bad guys. One day, I will join him and we can fight together. Daddy came down the stairs with his bow and arrows and was about to leave. "Daddy, can't I come with you?" He turned to look at the 4 year old me and gave me a sad smile. He bent down in front of me to look me strait it the my brown eyes. My hair is darker than his and I have chocolatey brown eyes like my mommy while he had blue eyes but apart from that, I look a lot like him. "Sweetheart, you know you can't come with me. Your safer here." I looked down and mumbled, "But I'm safer with daddy around." He brought me into a warm hug with his strong, yet gentle arms. "I'll be back soon, baby. I will always come back for you." I hugged back with all my might. I believe in daddy but I'm always afraid that when he leaves, it is the last time I'll ever see him again.

We separated and he kissed my forehead. "I love you,Riley. Stay good for mommy, okay?" "I will. I love you too, Daddy." He stood up and walked over to mommy to give her a kiss goodbye. "I love you, Holly. Remember, if anything happens, call me strait away." "Love you too, Clint. Stay safe out there." We waved bye to daddy as he left to his work. I probably won't see him again for 3 months. I think he said something about a place called Budapest but I don't know where that is. "Okay Riley, time for bed." "Aww but I'm not tired." I moaned. I never liked sleep, I was always alert and sharp like my daddy. "Come on, it's 20:33. I let you say bye to daddy so it's now bedtime." She wouldn't hear another word about it. "Okay, mommy." She took me upstairs and got me ready for bed. She tucked me in and brushed my soft long brown hair out of my face. "Mommy? Will daddy be okay?" I always worry but she comforts me. "He'll be fine. He's smart, strong and very, very brave but most of all, he loves you very much and that keeps him going." She hugged me reassuringly. "Can you sing to me?" I asked. "Of course I can, sweetie." And she started to sing my favourite lullaby.

As she sang, I drifted in and out of focus. The last thing I saw was my mommy giving me a kiss on the forehead and saying, "Good night, my angel." and everything faded to black.

~~~~3 hours later~~~~

I woke up from a load bang and a scream. I walked out of my room and down the stairs. That's when I saw it. "M-mommy?" She lay on the floor lifeless in a pool of crimson. Above her, were two laurge men all in black and they started walking towards me. I grabbed the house phone and ran for my life. I locked myself in the bathroom and I could hear them pounding on the door, trying to break in. I dialled the number my daddy had taught me if he wasn't there. "Hello?" I heard his voice on the other side. "DADDY HELP!!! Two men broke in and killed mommy! Daddy, I'm scared!" I burst into tears as the banging got louder. "Where are you?! Are you safe?!" He panicked from the other side. "I locked myself in the bathroom but they're going to break down the door!" As I said this, the men shot the lock and broke the door down. I was screaming bloody murder. "DADDY HELP ME, PLEASE!!!" "RILEY!!!" I dropped the phone as they grabbed me, I could still hear him calling my name. "DADDY!!!!!" One of the men jabbed something into my arm and everything blurred and my mind slowly shut down.

...He said I was safer at home...

...but I wasn't...

...He said he'd be back soon...

... he said he'd always come back for me...

... but he didn't...

...despite all that though...

...he is still my hero...

...he will always be...

...my daddy...

And with that final thought, everything was drowned by darkness.

~~~~~~Present Day~~~~~~

I woke up in the my disgusting cell in the Red Room, everyone's worst nightmare

I woke up in the my disgusting cell in the Red Room, everyone's worst nightmare. I have been here since I was taken from my home 10 years ago. I missed my dad. He must think I'm dead by now or long gone. As fare as the world is concerned, Riley Barton is a ghost that will never be seen again. The Red Room have tortured me and trained me to kill. I didn't want to join them but the only way out of this place is by learning to kill them all. My main weapon is my bow and arrow like my dad would use. I got up and looked into the cracked mirror on my wall. I saw a 14 year old girl with the same soft brown hair, chocolate brown eyes and a face that very much resembled her fathers. I have attempted to brake out many times but every time I do, they catch me and punish me. The whip scares on my back don't seem to fade because it happens all the time. When I was 4, it was extremely hard to stand the pain but I just imagined my dad and how he was brave and strong. I had to stay strong for him. As the years went bye, they thought they were braking me but in reality, it just made me stronger. The thing is about day to day torture for many years is that, once they have done their worse, they can't step it up from there.

Two high ranking assassins came into my room. If it had been any lower rank, I would have killed them and escaped in an instant. Unlike the rest of the assassins, I wasn't as easily brainwashed. Yes, I was brainwashed enough to be a highly trained assassin but my determination to resist kept me sane and I know that my target is them, the red room. "A4398, you are wanted in the mistresses office, we will escort you." One of them said, holding out cuffs. It made me laugh really. They were so scared of a 14 year old that they sent the best of the best to babysit and they need to put me in cuffs. I was already dressed so I stood up and gave them an intimidating stair causing them to flinch. I hate being here but I love how much they fear me. I guess it's their fault, they took me from my home but they must have thought they could break me by now.

We walked down the corridor with my hands "cuffed" behind my back. Yeah, let's just say I am just as good with locks as I am with archery. We walked into the mistresses office and I saw her sitting at her desk. "What?" I didn't try to respect her like all of her minions. "A4398, we need you to eliminate this woman and they held up a photo of a red haired woman. There was no point in pretending I had cuffs on so I grabbed the photo and had a closer look. She had shoulder length red hair, green eyes and wore a skin tight black jumpsuit. "Her name is agent Natasha Romanoff, also known as the Black Widow. She is one of the worlds most skilled assassins but unfortunately for her, you are just as skilled as she is." The mistress informed me. "And why exactly would I do your dirty work?" I asked with a rude tone. "Because if you don't, your punishments will be increased." I just gave her a bored expression. She decided to take it up a notch, "and you will never see your bow again." Now, she had caught my attention. "Fine, I'll do it. Where will I find her?" "She is going to break into a high security facility to steel some documents for her agency. We will send you the details on the way there."

A/N: hey hope you enjoyed this chapter/prologue thing. I also have a story about Thor's daughter called "Ariana Thordöttir, Daughter of Thor" if you want you can go check it out. I'm really looking forward to this one so I'll see ya later :3